Regular Contributor

BEST PRICED RIPKA & WORST PRICED RIPKA

In your opinion, what is the best priced piece of Ripka now in QVC inventory & what is the worst priced? In my opinion, I vote for J266059 (the Mama Bahama necklace) as the best priced. Real gemstones, real pearls, beautiful design, nice size gemstone stations, & 36". I wear this one layered over the old blue leather magnetic cord w/ the old blue lapis rectangular enhancer attached to the cord. It looks spectacular! Worst priced? That's an easy one: J338307 (two little DMQ pave balls for the interchangeable cuff). The cuff + 2 sets of endcaps (one of which is the clear DMQ) is now at $189, & the colored DMQ pair of balls is $277?????? For $10 more, you can get the 36" Mama Bahama necklace. Ridiculous! What do the rest of you ladies think? I'd love to have your opinions in case there are some incredible bargains that I have overlooked.

Occasional Contributor

Re: BEST PRICED RIPKA & WORST PRICED RIPKA

Have always been a fan. But pricing has cooled my interest. I have a huge amount purchased over years. Happy to have what I have collected and continue to watch but haven't purchased new in a while.

Frequent Contributor

One thing that winds up being a good deal is when you can get convertable pieces. Like a pendant that comes on a chain, or earrings with removable charms. One item that can be worn two ways.

I noticed she has an interesting star pendant that is also a pin. I happen love pins so that type of thing really appeals to me.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with you on the Mama Bahama. Nice gems.

Another thing that tends to be reasonably priced are her plain metal hoops. And they go with everything. I have two pairs and get a lot out of them.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have beautiful pieces that I thought were well priced. But pricing has changed.

The new LOVE necklace that I would love to have is beyond stupid in pricing.

J339219. $431.00. Seriously??? Get real. Not even interested in watching her shows anymore.

Honored Contributor

One! Holy cow...that must be a typo......what?!?!
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor

On 4/3/2015 MickD said: One! Holy cow...that must be a typo......what?!?!

That's what I thought too.

But no, the price is still there.

I would SO get this necklace. It's a beautiful design and I love it.

But the pricing talked me right out of it.

So, NO GO.

Frequent Contributor

She has a tanzanite cuff for 989.00. No video, no reviews. It's on my wishlist but I would not pull the trigger at that price. She offers the best deals on her bigger visits. Like the 99.00 live laugh love cuff on her last visit.
Esteemed Contributor

For overpriced items I think that J319962 (Multi stone 24" adjustable necklace) for $2469.00 is absolutely ridiculous. It is really cheap stones like quartz, amethyst, citrine and topaz with diamonique in sterling silver. That is just so over the top and I have found that Judiths real stones are of fairly low quality.

She also has diamonique and sterling earrings J337967 for $496.87. $500 for sterling and cubic zirconia? Give me a break! She also has apatite and sterling earrings J291617 that are $2029.00. That is so insane, it is insulting. I can find better quality apatite earrings set in 18k gold for much much less than this.

She has absolutely lost her mind charging these type of prices. Over the years I have liked some of her jewelry and picked up a few pieces but I will never buy anything else she sells because of the sheer greediness. I do NOT mind paying good money for quality stuff. I have gotten several rings, necklaces, etc... that are in the several thousand dollar range but they are set in gold and have good quality stones, not the cheap quality stones she tries to hawk. I just picked up an art deco ring (1926) that was hand made and hand set, in 18k gold and beautiful quality emeralds in it that were a couple of carats and I spent a little more than $3,000.00 and she has the nerve to charge close to that for low quality stones (and just a cheaper type of gemstone too) set in silver? To me that is an insult to my intelligence and that is why I refuse to buy another thing from her. I have no problem with people making a profit and I do realize there is a hefty markup on jewelry but her mark ups are completely out of line.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Frequent Contributor

GlitterPus, the Mama Bahama necklace is a stunner and very versatile. I have a real weakness for the 36" necklaces. You asked about what item in current stock we felt was best priced. I haven't taken the time to look at all the current stock but thought I'd comment that the Pearl System necklace (no longer in stock) was a real "deal" when it went to event or clearance pricing (I admit to buying the it at the TSV price and loving it and then picking up the gold clad on the very reduced feature/event pricing). The recent live, love, laugh bracelets were 1/2 of the original offering cost during the last visit (however, those bracelets have now gone back up in price). They were a great "deal" at the event pricing. Again, that doesn't quite meet the criteria for what you asked. As I didn't look at the current stock, I'm won't comment on the item I feel is the worst value. I hope others chime in though. Happy Easter!