Occasional Contributor

I have decided to become more proactive in researching the companies I do business with. I include amongst other things like checking licensing( if a licensed contractor /business) , checking references and taking a look at their BBB rating.

I was quite surprised to find that Invicat Watches scored a F

and QVC is rated a D ( ouch!){#emotions_dlg.blush}

The other shopping channels were A and A+

I think it is important to know how a company handles consumers concerns and complaints before buying from them or doing business with them.

It is Free to check BBB ratings

Occasional Contributor
Spoiler
Man FrustratedSmiley FrustratedHeart

I too was surprised by the BBB rating of QVC.  In my search they are not even accredited by the Better Business Bureau.  I regret doing business with QVC.

Ordered items that were "guaranteed" to be delivered by Christmas eve did not arrive until after Christmas.  The actual product received did not do what was told by the spokesperson.  And the item can be found cheaper elsewhere with free shipping (pre-holidays).

Attempting to reach the head of customer service results in leaving a voice message.

QVC makes their products appear to solve world hunger.  We know how that goes.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not too surprised by your findings, maven.  Consumer Reports has also rated QVC pretty low.  The only thing I buy from the Q is jewelry, and I have been fairly lucky with what I have received.  Have only returned an item once, but have received a few things that I thought were a poor value a couple of times over the years.  I'd never buy any of their other merchandise, because you can get almost anything they sell cheaper elsewhere and with free or less expensive shipping, too.

The bottom line is to be careful with what you buy, read reviews and comparison shop.