Honored Contributor

Re: BARBARA BIXBY JEWELRY

[ Edited ]

@shoptheQ In case it's at all helpful, I inquired with BB designs a while ago and this is the exact response I received.

"Bixby Design's jewelry can be cleaned with a gentle jewelry cleaner that allows for gemstone cleaning. We do not recommend a jewelry cleaner if the piece contains any pearls, pearls should only be wiped down with a damp cloth."

It didn't really help me. I am having the same issue with the textured link necklace, which has no gemstones. I can't get it clean with Dawn, or a polishing cloth. It's very black and smells. When I wash it with Dawn the water residue is black, but it is still tarnished. I don't understand why this one piece tarnishes so much more than others and smells too.

I may have to break down and use a silver polish even if it removes oxidation. It's unwearable as is. Smiley Sad I may look for the foam cleanser  mentioned below.

None of her other pieces that I have tarnish so badly.

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@shoptheQ In case it's at all helpful, I inquired with BB designs a while ago and this is the exact response I received.

"Bixby Design's jewelry can be cleaned with a gentle jewelry cleaner that allows for gemstone cleaning. We do not recommend a jewelry cleaner if the piece contains any pearls, pearls should only be wiped down with a damp cloth."

It didn't really help me. I am having the same issue with the textured link necklace, which has no gemstones. I can't get it clean with Dawn, or a polishing cloth. It's very black and smells. When I wash it with Dawn the water residue is black, but it is still tarnished. I don't understand why this one piece tarnishes so much more than others and smells too.

I may have to break down and use a silver polish even if it removes oxidation. It's unwearable as is. Smiley Sad I may look for the foam cleanser  mentioned below.

I had mine cleaned professionally by a good jeweler. Then I purchased on Amazon bags designed for sterling silver jewelry and everything stays pristine. Before I put it away I wipe it with a soft cloth designed for jewelry and rarely now if ever have to get them professionally cleaned. Hope that helps.....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

I had mine cleaned professionally by a good jeweler. Then I purchased on Amazon bags designed for sterling silver jewelry and everything stays pristine. Before I put it away I wipe it with a soft cloth designed for jewelry and rarely now if ever have to get them professionally cleaned. Hope that helps.....

@Trinity11 Thanks for letting me know that worked for you! I think I will try that then. Smiley Happy

Contributor

The few pieces of BB I own are treasures including the link chain w/enhancer circle, which I've had for about 6 months.  On disability, I rarely wear the piece, but noticed yesterday two back links are dark (discolored). The BB collection is advertised as sterling...my pieces kept in the anti-tarnish chest and cleaned TWICE this morning w/QVC jewelry clearer. The liquid darkened, but the two links remained dark! UNfortunately the item is out of stock & QVC does not provide service to contact vendor for replacement. For those who've also experienced darkened finishes, my question goes to are her pieces actually sterling or is this misrepresentation??  Sharing from the dark side!