Honored Contributor

@rockygems123

Here is a new hallmark for your collection if you can make sense of it.  It's a new American West piece that I got after over 2 months on wait list.  There no reference I can see to CP, American West or a country of origin, unless it's too small to read.

I swore I'd buy no more CP but caved on this feather, which could be worn by a man or woman.  It's a nice size, the feather itself is 2", and the weight is very substantial.   

It's a most versatile piece.  I've had a lot of fun trying it on all manner of chains, cords, neckwires, and beads.

It looks great on everything and at all lengths.  Mostly I wear it on some Navajo Pearls with tee shirts.  It has a hinged enhancer.

Are you taking in Indian Market this weekend?

20230819_192343.jpg

20230819_192302.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Re: Attention: rockygems123*

@Kachina624  I have this feather also. I have worn it on the leather cord with toggle closure.  It is nice but mine doesn't have as much oxidation as would like.  I think it was designed by Fritz Cassuse.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rockygems123

Here is a new hallmark for your collection if you can make sense of it.  It's a new American West piece that I got after over 2 months on wait list.  There no reference I can see to CP, American West or a country of origin, unless it's too small to read.

I swore I'd buy no more CP but caved on this feather, which could be worn by a man or woman.  It's a nice size, the feather itself is 2", and the weight is very substantial.   

It's a most versatile piece.  I've had a lot of fun trying it on all manner of chains, cords, neckwires, and beads.

It looks great on everything and at all lengths.  Mostly I wear it on some Navajo Pearls with tee shirts.  It has a hinged enhancer.

Are you taking in Indian Market this weekend?

20230819_192343.jpg

20230819_192302.jpg

@Kachina624 Oh that is fantastic thank you for showing it and also really appreciate the hallmark.  I can what appears to be a Relios hallmark and FRITZ in script with the copyright C mark; as you say no country of origin but since it's identified as Fritz then it's US made.

Would love to see this on your Navajo pearls, must look fantastic.  Actually quite excited about this feather and I haven't been about any CP jewelry for a very long time.  Good your waitlist cleared!

As for Indian Market I've never been but my Native American expert friends here in Denver go every year.  Friends from the Bay Area drive to the Ethnographic show to sell and that is their biggest show of the year.

I know people who spend almost the entire month of August in Santa Fe Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123.  I can't read the tiny print in the upper right even with a magnifying glass.  Fitz Cause is the designer but it could have been made anywhere.

Honored Contributor

@gtx.  Don't you love your feather? You can add oxidation to any silver piece by putting it in a zipLock sandwich bag with a sliced hard-boiled egg.  The egg shouldn't touch the metal.  The problem is there no control over where the oxidation goes so some may have to be removed with a polishing cloth.  The Sulphur in the egg yolk does the oxidizing. 

I like heavy oxidation too.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624  Yes! I love the feather. Since you mentioned it, I pulled it out of my stash and am going to wear it tomorrow. It is such a nice size and looks good with anything. The turquoise triangle at the top is so beautiful.

I read about oxidation and don't think I will chance it.  

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123.  Here is the feather with the "pearls".

20230819_210808.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624

Lovely piece! Wear it in good health!Heart 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rockygems123.  Here is the feather with the "pearls".

20230819_210808.jpg

@Kachina624   I love the look of the feather with the "pearls".  Thank you for posting such beautiful pieces.  As someone who has lived her whole life in either NYC or NJ I'm not familiar with Native American southwest jewelry and appreciate the beauty and craftsmanship of the items you and other knowledgeable posters show from your collection. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rockygems123.  I can't read the tiny print in the upper right even with a magnifying glass.  Fitz Cause is the designer but it could have been made anywhere.

@Kachina624 Looking at American West website all the Fritz Casuse is handmade in Albuquerque.  I'm appreciative of you showing me this as I'm not familiar with this Navajo and really like his pieces.  It is sold out but there is an owl pendant on the website, really nice.