Occasional Visitor

Artisan Jewelry--11/20/16 ---To Peyton

What ever happned to Suarti and Dominique Dinuart, also , Novica artisan jewlery. I really miss that segment , and also I could always get it with easy pay.!!!!!!   These were beautiful items I really am surprized that they eliminated it  !!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Artisan Jewelry--11/20/16 ---To Peyton

I so agree with you!  I have several pieces from Suarti, Dominique and Novica.  i still wear them to this day.  

Honored Contributor

I too wish they would bring back more artisan jewelry, it doesn't have to be designer either. I know they consider the Israeli jewelry artisan and of course so do I and I love it, but it's not like the work from Bali, Thailand and India.

Honored Contributor

I wish they'd bring back the Jill Bauer sterling silver shows!   Heart

Honored Contributor

I'm a jewelry designer/silversmith.  A lot of silver jewelry is being made in Japan, Mexico and China....mass produced. This drives the prices down on artisan jewelry you're referring to and one of a kind pieces like I design for galleries. It's difficult for me to sell a pr. of silver earrings (even if you'll never see another pair like them) for $250 when you can purchase sterling silver earrings made in other countries for $50 and under. I'm sure the artisans that have been on the Q are feeling the "pinch" as well. Another point to consider is the "status factor". People love designer silver jewelry w/ recognizable designs and status names like John Hardy, Yurman, etc. They don't call us "STARVING ARTISTS" for nothing!

Honored Contributor

I don't think Qvc ever sold true artisan crafted pieces.  Those "designers" the op referred to were vendors and to be a Qvc vendor, they had to have hundreds for a couple of thousand pieces to satisfy demand.   No artisan who is handcrafting his or her jewelry could do that.  The shopping channel jewelry game changed when JTV and later the LC came on the scene.  Since they only sell jewelry and since they manufacture some of their own jewelry; they can offer a much wider variety at cheaper prices.  Most of the women I know who buy shopping channel jewelry are not going after the look of any big time, big name jewelry designer.  That's what what women who shop in upscale jewelry stores do.  I think Qvc deliberately stepped away from jewelry, they made a decision to focus on other types of merchandise and that's why so many of your favorites were dropped. 

Honored Contributor

Samuel Benham sells the Bali-style jewelry on Evine.   His offerings have always been very nice quality but I've noticed they've gotten lightweight compared to what they used to be.  You might tune in next time they have a jewelry marathon and look at what he's got. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The Jai John Hardy line, Barbara Bixby and Carolyn Pollack's silver seen to continue having frequent shows so must be still selling well. I've noticed RJM only has "walk ons" & Michael Dawkins is not on any longer. Many shows feature silver message jewelry which is big now. Tastes change so shows change so vendors change. 

Frequent Contributor

Dominique now sells on evine under the name Argentum 47.  Check it out.

QVC Community

@VRIVE wrote:

What ever happned to Suarti and Dominique Dinuart, also , Novica artisan jewlery. I really miss that segment , and also I could always get it with easy pay.!!!!!!   These were beautiful items I really am surprized that they eliminated it  !!!!!

Hi @VRIVE, I also really miss the artisan crafted jewelry shows.    Suarti took a personal time out to deal with family matters.   Dominique is now on another channel.   We are working on new Novica pieces and you will definitely see many more new items coming up.  I am working with Natalie, the silver buyer, to bring new pieces on air.   Look for them in the first quarter next year.  Thanks, Peyton