Respected Contributor

Re: Are we ready for Judith's show??/

On 11/7/2014 pink dogwood said:

She's truly gone off the deep end with the prices of the same stuff over & over & over again. Designs get more ridiculous every time she's on tv. I'll check out the line ups just to laugh out loud at what she has and what they cost. That chain necklace with the diamonique glitter ball charm on it is truly one of those pieces in sterling ($178) and the gold overlay for WHAT, $198 - you've got to be kidding me!!! We all have a sterling chain or 2 or 3 or a dz, can easily go out and buy a glitter ball with fake crystals for mere pennies on the dollar ANYWHERE. BOOM - glitter ball on a chain for $20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if that much.

What a joke JR is with her cheap yet way over the top expensive all look alike jewelry. Gotta give it to her, not sure how she does it but she continue to laugh all the way to her bank every time she's on tv.

Ok, so your taste is more low brow, cheap, drug store gems. We get, now let others enjoy!

Occasional Contributor

I guess it is a new day with Judith Ripka and her line. There was a time when I would stay up all night not to miss a show. Last night I went to bed two hours before her show started once I looked at the "New Arrivals" on the web site. There was nothing there that looked mildly interesting, and when I checked it out this morning, I was sorry to be right. Something is definitely changing with Judith and her QVC line. The prices have skyrocketed and the jewelry is blah. Once Judith started to offer size small in cuffs and bracelets a couple of years ago, I started to buy like it was all going out of style. Luckily, I finally had the means to do so, and bought a lot on the high end. Now I can't even find anything that tempts me enough check the savings account! I don't think this move to the new company will be good for customers. And, ultimately, if it isn't good for customers, it isn't good for the owner. By the way, who is the host you are all talking about? The one that hosted the Ripka show last night. I'm interested in your opinions. I'm hoping that the merchandise today and tomorrow will be better and demonstrate Judith's old creativity, but my hopes are not high. Unfortunately, things change, and lately it hasn't been for the better. I'll be watching to see what you ladies think.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/7/2014 SuSu said:

I guess it is a new day with Judith Ripka and her line. There was a time when I would stay up all night not to miss a show. Last night I went to bed two hours before her show started once I looked at the "New Arrivals" on the web site. There was nothing there that looked mildly interesting, and when I checked it out this morning, I was sorry to be right. Something is definitely changing with Judith and her QVC line. The prices have skyrocketed and the jewelry is blah. Once Judith started to offer size small in cuffs and bracelets a couple of years ago, I started to buy like it was all going out of style. Luckily, I finally had the means to do so, and bought a lot on the high end. Now I can't even find anything that tempts me enough check the savings account! I don't think this move to the new company will be good for customers. And, ultimately, if it isn't good for customers, it isn't good for the owner. By the way, who is the host you are all talking about? The one that hosted the Ripka show last night. I'm interested in your opinions. I'm hoping that the merchandise today and tomorrow will be better and demonstrate Judith's old creativity, but my hopes are not high. Unfortunately, things change, and lately it hasn't been for the better. I'll be watching to see what you ladies think.

I think the host Nancy Hornbeck hopefully, that's her last name. Anyway, I thought she presented the jewelry very well. I used to change the channel when she was on, but she's improved a lot and I like her as a host and she knows her jewelry.

As for Judith, what you said I can say the same for Micheal Dawkins jewelry. Every piece of his looks the same. I'm sick of seeing that starry night pattern on every piece he presents. At least Judith shows variety. This is just my opinion of course, but I have to say this and wanted to say this for quite some time. I don't think most are sick of her jewelry or her prices because she's no better in prices then Dawkins, or Bixby or John Hardi. I think most hate the vendor and not the jewelry. I truly believe Judith herself is not liked by these hater posters. Now I said it, so bash me. I don't care. I used to care, but not anymore on these boards. Have a great day all..

Esteemed Contributor

Hi all! I have my best friend in from CA visiting DH and I (she loves Ripka, too) but we were so busy catching up that we all went to bed forgetting the show was on - LOL! Hope everyone found something juicy to buy.

Blingie, when I saw that synthetic green quartz ring, I knew you'd be a goner. Even though you got the raspberry one, I predict once you lay eyes on it that it's going to hop right into your cart. Wink

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/7/2014 Sammycat1 said:

Hi all! I have my best friend in from CA visiting DH and I (she loves Ripka, too) but we were so busy catching up that we all went to bed forgetting the show was on - LOL! Hope everyone found something juicy to buy.

Blingie, when I saw that synthetic green quartz ring, I knew you'd be a goner. Even though you got the raspberry one, I predict once you lay eyes on it that it's going to hop right into your cart. Wink

lol Sammycat you cutie.{#emotions_dlg.wub} I've been watching the raspberry ring and wondered why it took so long to be presented. That ring as a fabulous bold shape to it. I love the diamonique around the stone in into the lower corners of the ring. I was totally a goner with that one.

As for that green synthetic quartz ring, I'm not too sure about. Wonder why she just didn't use a real one. I'm looking forward to seeing it presented, just not sure if I'll buy it or not because I have Barbara Bixby's huge green fluorite ring I purchased. But, you know me, if it blings, I'm a goner.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Oops! I forgot to say happy visit with your best friend!!! Have fun this weekend.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}