Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 988
Registered: ‎05-02-2010

Are any QVC customers aware of their new rules for cancelling?

Today I ordered two jewelry items and tried to cancel 3 hours later and couldn't.  Called customer service and they told me that as of January, 2019, they made new rules and a customer has to cancel within 30 minutes, or they can't cancel.  CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?  Shame on QVC. When the Logo TSV was on, I ordered in at midnight just before the TSV expired. , 3 of them because sizing is off for all QVC garments.  At 7 am the next morning I decided I didn't want them, tried to cancel, and the option was not there.  To repeat, ordered it 12:01, 1 minute after midnight and tried to cancel 7 hours later, on a Saturday, and they couldn't. This is unfair, and customers should complain.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,104
Registered: ‎08-18-2016

Re: Are any QVC customers aware of their new rules for cancelling?

30 minutes now, ehhh?

 

It's only unfair if it's not public knowledge, and this is the first I'm hearing of it.

 

Thanks for making their official policy available to their shopping public.

 

Shame a policy that effects every shopper comes to the light in this way.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,427
Registered: ‎08-19-2018

Re: Are any QVC customers aware of their new rules for cancelling?

How long do you think you should have To Cancel?

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,427
Registered: ‎08-19-2018

Re: Are any QVC customers aware of their new rules for cancelling?


@Hedge wrote:

30 minutes now, ehhh?

 

It's only unfair if it's not public knowledge, and this is the first I'm hearing of it.

 

Thanks for making their official policy available to their shopping public.

 

Shame a policy that effects every shopper comes to the light in this way.


———-

I just called QVC, this is not their policy. They said there is no firm policy on a time frame for cancellation. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,063
Registered: ‎02-01-2015

Re: Are any QVC customers aware of their new rules for cancelling?

 

 

i have no issue with them limiting canceling time.  i don't buy unless i want it.

 

using the ability to cancel as a hold is not fair to others.

 

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,104
Registered: ‎08-18-2016

Re: Are any QVC customers aware of their new rules for cancelling?

 


@SuhseK wrote:

@Hedge wrote:

30 minutes now, ehhh?

 

It's only unfair if it's not public knowledge, and this is the first I'm hearing of it.

 

Thanks for making their official policy available to their shopping public.

 

Shame a policy that effects every shopper comes to the light in this way.


———-

I just called QVC, this is not their policy. They said there is no firm policy on a time frame for cancellation. 


 

Fascinating!!

   Why in the world would a CS rep tell the OP something is policy, specify a January 2019 start, and you get a CS rep who denies it?

 

Ever get the feeling the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing?

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,613
Registered: ‎06-24-2012

Re: Are any QVC customers aware of their new rules for cancelling?


@TheMemphisVette wrote:

 

 

i have no issue with them limiting canceling time.  i don't buy unless i want it.

 

using the ability to cancel as a hold is not fair to others.

 


I'm glad everyone is perfect, and never changed their mind.  Thirty minutes is ridiculous.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,063
Registered: ‎02-01-2015

Re: Are any QVC customers aware of their new rules for cancelling?


@DottyPPPPP wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

 

 

i have no issue with them limiting canceling time.  i don't buy unless i want it.

 

using the ability to cancel as a hold is not fair to others.

 


I'm glad everyone is perfect, and never changed their mind.  Thirty minutes is ridiculous.


 

 

yes my perfection is a curse.  but my fairness to others is a gift.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Valued Contributor
Posts: 988
Registered: ‎05-02-2010

Re: Are any QVC customers aware of their new rules for cancelling?

It is really very simple.  If a product is in 'PROCESS" for 4-5 days, a customer has the right to cancel, has the right to cancel in an hour if they see another item that might be more expensive or less expensive.  We are in the age of technology, all it takes is a click, qvc is getting very bad, and won't shop anymore.  They are becoming a greedy and I don't like that.  THERE IS NO WAY AT MIDNIGHT AND 7 HOURS LATER ON A SATURDAY AT 7 AM THAT A CUSTOMER SHOULD BE ABLE TO CANCEL AN ITEM BECAUSE IT USUALLY TAKES OVER 3 DAYS TO PROCESS.  

Valued Contributor
Posts: 988
Registered: ‎05-02-2010

Re: Are any QVC customers aware of their new rules for cancelling?

they are obviously lying, because I couldn't believe it when I heard from the st customer service rep, so I called back a second time, and same statement.