Honored Contributor

Re: Are any QVC customers aware of their new rules for cancelling?

How does CS work?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC @Melvin-QVC  @Barbara-QVC  or any other moderator:

Do you have any official policy on QVC's cancellation policy, that can help to clear up this issue?

At the moment, it's all hearsay, since nothing seems to be written down.

Valued Contributor

I think this often happens when the items are drop shipped. The order is sent to a third party who actually fulfills the order so it’s hard to recall.

If the item is in a QVC warehouse then it’s all under QVC’s control but once the order is passed to someone else’s shipping process and  someone else’s warehouse then the process becomes more complex.

Honored Contributor

This is from the website about cancellations:

Can I cancel an order?
To cancel an item, access the Order Status link in the upper right-hand corner of any QVC.com page. Sign in with your email address and password. Click on the order number and select the item you wish to cancel. If a cancellation is possible, you will be presented with the Edit This Item link. At that point, you can select the "Cancel" button. If the order is too far along in the shipping process to cancel, the link will not be presented and the item will be shipped to you as scheduled. Upon receiving the package, should you decide to make a return, please follow the instructions on your pack slip.

Valued Contributor

If I pick something up at a B & M store, walk around for an hour, and change my mind, I can put it back on the shelf. If I buy something on line and wake up ten next morning and realize I really don’t want it, and they haven’t pulled to ship, then I should be able to cancel. If something is “in the process of shipping “ for four days, and doesn’t get picked, I should be able to cancel.

i ordered something and got a server error, unable to process. I waited a few minutes, checked my cart, nothing there, so I ordered it again. I got an email an hour or so later confirming the first and then another email confirming the second order, tried to cancel one and was unable. I ordered Friday, it didn’t ship until Tuesday. Absurd that I couldn’t cancel one.

Super Contributor

In my own personal experiences this hs been going on for months. I would say around 6 months. I was really surprised when I ordered an item, bought it, and came across something I liked even more that was to be a gift. I went in to cancel my order but it said that it was processing and nothing could be changed. I called CS and they told me the same thing.

Maybe QVC got tired of people changing their minds and they had to go through the trouble of giving them a refind. Maybe they're hoping a customer will just keep the item once they get it. Shipping both ways is $10.50. If shipping it out sometimes it's $5.50 or more and then $6.99 to return it. None of us wants to just throw money away.

Am I saying this is fair to the customer? No, it's not.We can buy something from a store and walk right back in to return the item because we changed our minds. 

I'm sure QVC has lost some of their customers because of the change. It would be great if they went back to giving us at least 24 hours to make that final decision.

Respected Contributor

@bluehydrangea wrote:

Honestly, this is QVC's doing ... and they should set it straight once and for all and state a policy.  As an old time QVC customer, I was used to the cancellation option and I took full advantage of it.  You could log on right after an order was placed, hours later or even days later and still be able to cancel your order.  And I didn't have any remorse or guilt about it ... QVC created this lenient policy, they added the "cancel" button on their order page and literally granted us the ability to cancel and they use fairly convincing selling strategies to lure us in ... buy more and save, only order etc. ... to make spontaneous purchases.  We are not sitting at home quietly flipping thru the LL Bean catalog and then ordering ... we are literally being bombarded with live sparkling photos, excited hosts, colored availability dots and beautiful fantasies (ie when they set the stage with "wear this to your fun ladies luncheon" or "you know you'll get invitations to showers and graduations this spring").  And, we buy into the fantasy ... yes, we watch and set ourselves up (when we should turn off the TV) ... but it's an interactive purchase and the use of intentional selling techniques to encourage buying, and over buying in some cases.  Back in the day, before apps and computer ordering, they would literally say "run to your phone before this sells out".  Sooo, yes, I embraced the cancellation option and used to appreciate it when I would wake up in the middle of the night with buyer's remorse (why did I order 3 colors??)  and be able to cancel.  And, now, we see the cancellation window closing and becoming less and less available ... which will likely create a spike in returns.  Truthfully, if QVC wants to continue to allow cancellations, then they should state the policy clearly in their Customer Service section so we all know the current rules.  

AMEN I could not have stated this any better and I agree 100%.  

Occasional Contributor

I have noticed if I change my mind and try to cancel,  it’s too late!!!  However, it takes forever to get to my home! I know I spend a couple hundred dollars a year for returns!!!  

Someone on this blog had mentioned that she doesn’t change her mind, therefore this new rule of QVC seems fair to her? That’s great for her. We’re all different!!! This must be QVC’s thinking also.

Clark shoes aren’t consistent with sizing, along with many other brands. I have to return so much due to inconsistent sizing!!! 

Honored Contributor

That's not new, Qvc started that quite some time ago.  It is aggravating when you try to cancel after that 30 minute window but totally understandable.  Too many QVC shoppers window shop or get caught in the frenzy or buy on impulse.  Then they want to cancel, which might work for them but they have taken that item out of inventory and deprived someone who really wants to buy it from so.  The policy is supposed to make shoppers stop and think.  It's also a keeps people from putting items on "reserve" while they take their  time deciding if they really want it.  I plead guilty to doing that over my many years with QVC.  But, now I can't.  Which is ok.  Now, if I'm not 100% certain that I want it, I don't buy it.     

Respected Contributor

I ordered three pairs of shoes last night during a late night shopping craze (not after midnight though, so it was still yesterday), and woke up to regret (well my wallet had the regrets, I really wanted all three very badly).  I was able to cancel one of them this morining, no problem.  So go figure.