Honored Contributor

Re: Are any QVC customers aware of their new rules for cancelling?

I cancelled something on waitlist the other day with no problem.  You can also refuse shipment, meaning take it back to the post office UNOPENED.  That way you won't pay return shipping.  

Honored Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

Today I ordered two jewelry items and tried to cancel 3 hours later and couldn't.  Called customer service and they told me that as of January, 2019, they made new rules and a customer has to cancel within 30 minutes, or they can't cancel.  CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?  Shame on QVC. When the Logo TSV was on, I ordered in at midnight just before the TSV expired. , 3 of them because sizing is off for all QVC garments.  At 7 am the next morning I decided I didn't want them, tried to cancel, and the option was not there.  To repeat, ordered it 12:01, 1 minute after midnight and tried to cancel 7 hours later, on a Saturday, and they couldn't. This is unfair, and customers should complain.

@tropics21   I’ve tried to cancel within the 1/2 hr. and my order said “in process”. CS said it ships from the vendor and not in their control. B.S.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its inconsistent, I have a couple orders I was able to cancel recently and at other times I haven't been able to cancel...go figure....I wonder when it's considered a "sell out" if they do something behind the scenes to "lock" it...a mystery for sure.  

But like @Kachina624 said....just be sure of your purchase before you submit your order....something I need to remind myself...I've been lucky...Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

wow, @tropics21 thanks for letting us know.  i had noticed i couln't cancel some orders i thought i should have been able to.  This is a terrible policy, and they should change it.  and they are not publicizing this, i have not seen it anywhere.  it is shameful, they know it will discourage shoppers and they keep it quiet.

Esteemed Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

...If a product is in 'PROCESS" for 4-5 days, a customer has the right to cancel, has the right to cancel in an hour if they see another item that might be more expensive or less expensive.  We are in the age of technology, all it takes is a click, qvc is getting very bad, and won't shop anymore.  They are becoming a greedy and I don't like that.  THERE IS NO WAY AT MIDNIGHT AND 7 HOURS LATER ON A SATURDAY AT 7 AM THAT A CUSTOMER SHOULD BE ABLE TO CANCEL AN ITEM BECAUSE IT USUALLY TAKES OVER 3 DAYS TO PROCESS.  

@tropics21 you are right to point out this unfairness on QVC's part, locking customers into purchases they are not redy to ship for DAYS.  i have been unable to cancel orders that they won't even ship for several days.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 what you describe has not been my experience until recently.  I used to be able to cancel orders a day or two later if they hadn't shipped. it appears to me that qvc has changed its operations so that the processing and shipping of items takes considerably longer.  maybe it depends on location. and weird things happen in shipping.  items travel to ny where i live, go to a post office in nj, then come back to ny. weird and terrible order processing.  i do a lot more shopping on amazon due to reliability of shipping, flat shipping costs with prime.

Regular Contributor

Honestly, this is QVC's doing ... and they should set it straight once and for all and state a policy.  As an old time QVC customer, I was used to the cancellation option and I took full advantage of it.  You could log on right after an order was placed, hours later or even days later and still be able to cancel your order.  And I didn't have any remorse or guilt about it ... QVC created this lenient policy, they added the "cancel" button on their order page and literally granted us the ability to cancel and they use fairly convincing selling strategies to lure us in ... buy more and save, only order etc. ... to make spontaneous purchases.  We are not sitting at home quietly flipping thru the LL Bean catalog and then ordering ... we are literally being bombarded with live sparkling photos, excited hosts, colored availability dots and beautiful fantasies (ie when they set the stage with "wear this to your fun ladies luncheon" or "you know you'll get invitations to showers and graduations this spring").  And, we buy into the fantasy ... yes, we watch and set ourselves up (when we should turn off the TV) ... but it's an interactive purchase and the use of intentional selling techniques to encourage buying, and over buying in some cases.  Back in the day, before apps and computer ordering, they would literally say "run to your phone before this sells out".  Sooo, yes, I embraced the cancellation option and used to appreciate it when I would wake up in the middle of the night with buyer's remorse (why did I order 3 colors??)  and be able to cancel.  And, now, we see the cancellation window closing and becoming less and less available ... which will likely create a spike in returns.  Truthfully, if QVC wants to continue to allow cancellations, then they should state the policy clearly in their Customer Service section so we all know the current rules.  

Esteemed Contributor

My issue with OPs thread isn't what's shipped by QVC and which items come from the manufacturer, varying processing times, or the other points brought up by posters replies.

My issue is why would a CS rep resort to telling a customer what the OP was told if it's flat out untrue?

OP called CS looking for help to resolve an issue.

That could've been any of us.

Did CS mistakenly believe what she was telling OP?

Did CS seek to just placate the caller instead of putting in an honest effort to resolve the issue?

How many others have been told this?

I've worked on the phone with customers. I've trained staff. I'm mystified by the idea of a CS rep 'just making things up'.

I think there's another answer.

Regular Contributor

I think it all depends how far along in the shipping process it is but people do change their minds and some products do ship faster than others. But they should have a hard and fast rule that says any order placed say after 24 hrs. cannot be canceled! Show hosts can announce this so we would know. I think that's fair!
Honored Contributor

I am aware. However, if it takes some times 5 DAYS to ship I think cancelling should be given a 3 day time frame.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.