Honored Contributor

Re: Are any QVC customers aware of their new rules for cancelling?

My issue is that they have really limited the cancellation time, yet items still sit in process for days.

I tried to cancel a handbag last month (the next day I believe) but the system would not allow me to.  So I called CS to see if they could do it, but they could not either.  (They told me I could return the item on their dime because I tried to cancel it.)  That handbag sat in the Q limbo, IN PROCESS, for a week before it was shipped.  IMO there was no reason they couldn't have cancelled that order.

I returned it as instructed, and they paid the shipping fees.

Honored Contributor

@tropics21.   I don't think there was any new policy in January.  It has been the reality for a long time that Q orders are pretty much set in stone minutes after they're placed.  Nobody can cancel them.  Better be absolutely sure you want the item when you place the order.  You also can't edit like change the size or color

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I placed an order last night and I realized today that I ordered the wrong thing. I was able to cancel with no problem online.

Respected Contributor

If  I know that I have 30 minutes, I am fine with that. I try not to pull something out of inventory, if I am not sure that I want it.  Sometimes things change but I normally can make up my mind in that 30 minutes.

Deb

Respected Contributor

There is no set policy likely because Q has too many shipping direct-from-vendor relationships.

CS told me that Items shipped directly by the vendors put you at the mercy of their cancellation system, which can be less than an hour. If the item comes from a QVC warehouse I have usually, but not always, had a longer cancellation time, often hours later. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are a lot of retailers who give only 30 minutes to edit or cancel an order.  There are many that don't even give that.   I can't blame them.  When someone orders, the product is no longer available to sell.  Why would any company want to hold products for 6 or 20 hours while someone makes up their mind?

Now, if you want to talk about processing and shipping times, those are another story.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't matter to me.  I only order what I know I want.  I don't like that some put an order on check hold until they decide and then item sells out and many who want to order can't get it.  Also when there is a special price for the day and something is not available because of those that want the "right" to change their mind and cancel!  Think before you order!!  It's not all about you!!  Once you place an order some places don't allow for cancellation unless you call and others have a 30 min limit to cancel.  It's only right and fair. 

Respected Contributor

I'm ok with the 30 minutes whether it's true or not.  Macy's gives 30 minutes to change or cancel an order too.  

Why not just put the items in your cart if you're not sure, think about it, and place the order later.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

There is no set policy likely because Q has too many shipping direct-from-vendor relationships.

CS told me that Items shipped directly by the vendors put you at the mercy of their cancellation system, which can be less than an hour. If the item comes from a QVC warehouse I have usually, but not always, had a longer cancellation time, often hours later. 

@SunValley  I have been told that too, and it makes sense to me. So no problem.

With items directly from QVC, I have been able to easily cancel either myself or by calling QVC.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart You are right. I order a lot from LL Bean and you can't cancel or change an order after you press click. I make sure that I really want that particular item when I order. 

Also, LL Bean charges $6.75 with their return postage and it costs about that or more to return sweaters, pants, or other heavy items. 

I was able to cancel an two items on waitlist for the Q yesterday. I have been unable to cancel anything on the Q for some time. I think that some vendors are in the system have a no cancellation policy. 

These policies should make us more conscience shoppers and not order if we don't really love the item.