Respected Contributor

Are Invicta watches decent quality?

I have a few men's gifts to buy for guys who need nothing. I noticed the special on Invicta watches on Evine today. $75 for the watch with the storage case seems like a reasonable amount to spend. I'm not worried about getting the best watch out there (I wouldn't buy this), just a decent gift. I don't want it to die in a week though lol. 

Any thoughts??

Respected Contributor

Re: Are Invicta watches decent quality?

Hi

In general, they are pretty reliable. I have purchased many--at different levels and price points.

Invicta is pretty good at putting out Pro Divers and Lupahs. I own watches that are over 10 years old and they're still going strong. They're a good budget brand, I think.  They are especially good at turning out decent watches at a lower price point.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Invictas are very good quality for the price.  I have many of them and have never had one quit working.  In fact, im wearing one right now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

We have a few and have been very happy with their performance.  No problems at all.

Respected Contributor

My favorite Invicta (cost about $250) died after about 2 years.  It would be  expensive to repair so I just haven't done it, but should.  I have two others that are still working perfectly, and husband has two also that are beautiful, were great buys, and still work perfectly.  

I think my one that quit was an anomaly but thought I'd mention it.  It was so disappointing, real diamonds, just gorgeous.  I had a baby Lupah but gave that to Good Will as I couldn't read it easily through the weird magnifying crystal.

Respected Contributor

Thanks so much everyone!  I'm going to purchase a couple. I like the dive box that comes with it. 

Honored Contributor

The ones from the Reserve line are quite nice.

Respected Contributor

I got bored with election coverage and ended up watching the watch presentations. I ended up purchasing five watches tonight. Yay. My Christmas list is dwindling. Some great prices on the watches. 

Now I guess I'll watch election coverage. It's close!

Respected Contributor

Reba:  I'm sure you will be pleased when you get the gifts you ordered.   Invicta watches are generally good quality and good value (when bought at sale/discounted prices).  

Most watch companies make a range of watches,  in terms of the quality of the components.   But I've found,  that even the less expensive Invicta watches are good.  The ones on evine are stainless steel (cases, backs, bracelet, if they have them) as opposed to mystery metals you might find in other lower priced brands. 

Quartz movements generally hold up.   I've had expensive high end watches where the movement died after a few years,  and some Invictas that have been going strong for more than 10 years.  With any brand,  there is an ocassional dud,  but I wouldn't be overly concerned.

The dive cases can make an impressive gift.  And the bottom padding can be easily removed (it just lifts out) so the case can be used to store other things.  I've used mine as a tool kit,  a sewing kit, and to store shoe polish/brushes.  

Honored Contributor

Not decent quality but very good quality.  No complaints with my baby lupah for the 8 years I have owned it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."