Super Contributor

Re: Are Gemstone Rings ""Out""?

Are gemstone rings out?

Never!

Contributor

My wedding ring is a emerald/with a diamond on each side. I wear it with a diamond eternity band.

Valued Contributor

On 4/1/2015 seaside shopper said:
On 3/31/2015 kitty987 said:
On 3/31/2015 orange said:

I have never ever ever gone by 'what's in' or 'what's out'... I buy / wear what I love and enjoy it! I'd rather be a leader than a follower! GO SET SOME TRENDS YOURSELF! Wink

I agree.

ITA!

Unless we buy vintage, we are always buying "what's in".

Everything that we buy new has been chosen by buyers to reflect current trends. We think we're being special and individual. But really, we're just sheep, buying what's in the stores, chosen by someone else.

Regular Contributor

On 4/1/2015 trublu said:

My wedding ring is a emerald/with a diamond on each side. I wear it with a diamond eternity band.

I love gemstones as wedding rings. If I am wearing white metals I add a white gold band to my thin yellow gold band and wear my diamond pigeons-blood ruby ring stacked instead of my eternity band and original engagement ring. I really don't like to mix metals, but I have a wedding band on always. My daughter's doctor wears an emerald engagement ring in a traditional six prong setting. I love emeralds as well.
Super Contributor

I sure hope gemstone rings are not out of style because I have suddenly become obsessed with them! I have a few gold rings, gold with diamonds, colored diamonds and a few emerald (my birthstone) and diamond rings my husband bought me, most I never even wear. My obsession with gemstones started when I fell in love with the mandarin garnet, a beautiful stone the color of an orange. I have yet to find the perfect ring in my price range. I also always wanted a tanzanite ring but now I suddenly like all kinds of colored gemstones, things I never looked twice at before and I have no idea why! The problem is everytime I find something I like, the stone is wayyyy too big. I'm looking in the 1 carat range and all the rings I find where I like the style have center stones 3+ carats!!! I have a .75 diamond engagement ring which I think is the perfect size for my hand. It's really very hard to find small pieces!!
Respected Contributor

I LOVE colored gemstones and don't care what the styles are, I will wear what I like and what I'm in the mood for.

I think the large chunky silver rings came into style when gold went sky high about 6 years ago. People still wanted jewelry but couldn't justify or perhaps afford gold so designers offered a lot of thick sterling gemstone rings.

OP, I hope you will wear what you love without regard for anyone else's opinion. Just enjoy your purchases. Nothing better than walking out in the sunshine and being dazzled by the gemstone jewelry on your fingers and wrist!! Smile