Valued Contributor

Are DMQ bracelets lifetime guaranteed if they break?

I have a DMQ tennis bracelet that I love, but unfortunately it broke between the stones where the metal attaches to the next stone's piece. Is there still a lifetime guarantee on DMQ pieces, and will it cover such a problem? Thank you in advance for helpful replies, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my Q.

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Super Contributor

Re: Are DMQ bracelets lifetime guaranteed if they break?

I'd just call customer service and ask. Maybe you'll get someone in a good mood.

Contributor

I basically had the same thing happen to me. I had a marquise cut tennis bracelet that I loved and had it for quite a long time. It broke so I called C.S. They went back as far as they could in their records but could not find my tennis bracelet. Like I said, I had had it for quite a while. Sooooo - bottom line - I was out of luck. Actually they made me feel as if I was trying to pull something over on them, which obviously I was not. So, as far as the lifetime guarantee, sure didn't work for me. I would call C.S. though and see what happens. What do you have to lose at this point.

Valued Contributor

I checked back as far as my order history would go, and unfortunately it doesn't show up. I can't remember when I got it, but I think I've had it for about 3 yrs. Bummer. Lesson learned: next time, I will make sure I save all paperwork for life-time guaranteed items.

Thank you for your answers, I appreciate it.

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

I have no idea whether it will ever do me any good, but as Serenity suggested she'll do, I have a file of all of my lifetime guaranteed items as well as most of those from my more expensive purchases - from QVC, from Saks, from lots of retailers.

One of the hardest lessons I think I've finally learned now that I'm over 70 is that if I don't take steps to protect me, no one else will do the job.

What this thread reminds me is that I never actually read the guarantee that arrives with DMQ pieces. Hmmm..... I, too, have a DNQ tennis bracelet I love wearing; I should read!

Valued Contributor

Ladies thanks to your information i took a chance and sent my DMQ broken bracelet back for a refund and got lucky! It is a tiny stone tennis everyday bracelet which broke about 2years after I purchased from QVC. The web page reviews showed a lot of similar problems and the purchase/return pages were still on the status order section. I printed out the information and the return label and sent back with a prayer. I just got an email from QVC that a refund was in process. On the paper work,reason for return I just checked off *DEFECTIVE* I have also learned to take care of my DMQ paperwork, QVC is no longer keeping order status info after about two years. The total cost/refund was just under $60. Thank you QVC!

CAT

Honored Contributor

I think the problem is Ebay. People are buying jewelry and turning it in to QVC for repairs. I have only had one ring go bad. I didn't have an order number, but I did know the item number, just lucky I guess. I was obsessed with that ring and committed it to memory. They fixed it for me and returned it in like new condition.

Honored Contributor

Every tennis bracelet I ever owned, and there have been more than a few, has broken between the links. I put them on when I get then and never take them off. After about a year, they break.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

kachina, is that true with your diamond tennis bracelets as well? And were they repairable?

Honored Contributor

No, I don't think they would be repairable. Those tiny hinges are very flimsy if you examine them closely, and the metal just flat wears out whether gold or silver.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment