Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone still wear old fashion style Charm bracelets ?

i gave mine to my niece.  i bet she sold it!

Honored Contributor

@Micala wrote:
I had a favorite that I lost maybe 10-15 years ago and miss it . Saw a similar one and wondered if I replaced it would I wear it enough ??? I have one of the troll type bracelets and never got into that style or pandora .. maybe because they are silver and I have to polish them whereas the gold one was always beautiful . Don’t want to invest in something to sit in the jewelry box

I love charm braclets.  I love the sound of the charms.  I had a really nice Monet bracelet in high school.  I did find a monet braclet in an antique store.  I am going to search for charms.  Monet jewelry always looks nice.

Esteemed Contributor

Wear whatever makes you happy. I'm rarely without my white gold, simple bracelet on my left wrist. A gift. Instead of taking it off, I'll wear it along with other bracelets. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I wasn't aware that charm bracelets were old fashioned.  My charm bracelet is silver, I've had it since my my 20's.  My mom gave it to me when I had my first baby, it had little "baby"  charm on it and over the years, she gave me additonal charms for life's events.  At one time, I wore it every day of my life and then my jewelry collection grew and my taste in jewelry changed but I still wear it occasionally.  I never liked those Pandora bracelets.  Gold is expensive so only you can decide if it would be worth the expense.  

Honored Contributor

Charm bracelets are my favorites.  A pretty one that I have has heavy little silver lockets hanging from it.  Have one with chunky crosses I love also.  I'm refusing to get any more, ha, but the latest is a modern version-- a QVC steel bangle with flirty tassel charm--

https://www.qvc.com/Stainless-Steel-Crosses-and-Tassel-Charm-Bangle.product.J331233.html?sc=SRCH 

A wonderful book on charm bracelets, with lavish photos of charm bracelets of famous people, is "The Charm of Charms"  by Jade Albert and Ki Hackney.

Honored Contributor

I have two "old fashioned" charm bracelets, and three "new fashioned" (Trollbeads) charm bracelets.  I wear them all. (But not at once.)

Honored Contributor

I have a sterling one I started a few Christmases ago, a Christmas charm bracelet, and a Silpada Coin charm bracelet (which is available on ebay right now).  Love and wear them all!Smiley Happy

Silpada Sterling Silver Oxidized Roman Coin Charm Bracelet B1624 Retired

Honored Contributor

I have three traditional 18K charm bracelets.  All the charms are 3D.  On one I  have  a Beer Stein (that opens), a bell (that chimes) a purse that opens, a reversible heart and a locket and a Teddy Bear, & my initial.

The other is a collection of 18K Italian coins.  Not real coins, just copies of coins in 18K.  Showing on both sides.

The last one I have is in 18K white gold.  It spells out Amore.  I got that one from the old ShopNBC show.  The letters are fat and hollow.  The chain is solid.  

Honored Contributor

I have my sterling silver charm bracelet from when I was a child/teenager. I don't wear it anymore, I am a cuff bracelet person pretty much. I will keep it though for sentimental reasons.

I have been making my DD one her whole life. I have collected charms that have significance to her life over the years such as cats, glasses, ice cream, a book, soccer ball, Halloween, a taco, violin, gymnastics etc.

I will probably give it to her when she turns 21.

She may never wear it (she's not a jewelry person - how did that happen LOL???!!!) but she will know a lot of thought & heart went into it.

Respected Contributor

I do not, but my daughter still wears my old one from my junior high years.

I actually gave it to her as one of her Sweet 16th birthday gifts. 

I must say that nobody makes a charm bracelet today as good as that one.

Of course, she had a few of my charms taken off and has added plenty more.

i believe she said the one she got from one of her sons last Christmas was going

to be the last one.

(We will see if that is still the case when Christmas lists roll out again this fall.)

-Texas Hill Country-