Occasional Contributor

Anyone still wear old fashion style Charm bracelets ?

I had a favorite that I lost maybe 10-15 years ago and miss it . Saw a similar one and wondered if I replaced it would I wear it enough ??? I have one of the troll type bracelets and never got into that style or pandora .. maybe because they are silver and I have to polish them whereas the gold one was always beautiful . Don’t want to invest in something to sit in the jewelry box
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone still wear old fashion style Charm bracelets ?

Wear what makes you happy.  Fashion trends come and go.  I have a Pandora bracelet, loaded with varying turquoise color charms, that my DH bought for me after my mother died.  He said he felt badly that his job responsibilities and commute were so consuming that he couldn’t do more during her long illness.  He insisted we were going to a jewelry store so that I could choose whatever charms I wanted.  Ask me if I will ever stop wearing that bracelet.  

Honored Contributor

I do. I have one that belonged to a family member from the 20's. I have my mothers which is heavy 18K gold filled with large, custom made charms my dad purchased for her during the late 50's. I have my own 3 plus a Pandora one my children filled up plus a few I've found while browsing antique shops.

Bracelets are my thing. I don't care what someone thinks or "those" that claim something is in style. I love it, it is precious to me and so, I wear them.

Wear yours!! : )

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love bracelets and have several charm bracelets which I don't often wear because I wear a collection of bangles which are a PIA to remove.  I have fully loaded bracelets from Carolyn Pollack and Gems en Vogue (Evine).  I have several Native American made charm bracelets including one with different styles of crosses set with old valuable Bisbee Turquoise.

I have one charm bracelet I rarely wear because it's hard to fasten so I added a plain chain bracelet to it and wear it as a necklace.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I was in college and took my first European trip I put together a beautiful very chunky silver bracelet with a signature charm from each country I visited.  I loved that bracelet and then it was stolen during a robbery.  Now that I live in Arizona I have three or four NA bracelets composed of old charms, earrings.  I have never worn them as bracelets (I attach a toggle chain and wear them as necklaces). I found them all on Ebay under "Native American charm bracelets".

Honored Contributor

@patbz.  I've gotten several of my charm bracelets on eBay too.  I've also seen some pretty ones that I would have liked to have had but were too expensive.  I've found you can make offers that are sometimes accepted.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I’ve always loved charm bracelets.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 :  I make offers frequently;  even if the seller doesn't take an offer they frequently counter.  One-time I put a beautiful Nelson Morgan pendant on my watch list and EBay eventually emailed me that seller was open to offers.  I offered $200 less than was asked and got it!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

YES!!  I have a silver one that I have had since I was in college that I still wear occasionally.  It is so packed with charms that I doubt I could get another one on there with a crowbar.  The newer ones--Alex & Ani, for example--aren't my style, but the  old fashioned ones that I think @Micala is referring to are lovely and often are packed with memories with the significance of each charm.  I can't imagine that they will ever go out of style.  And even if they do, I'll still wear my memories on my wrist.

Honored Contributor

I had a charm bracelet that started when I was about 10 until somewhere in my teens.  It was 14K gold and after awhile I seldom wore it.  So about 10 years ago I sold it and got a decent price for it.