Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone’s gold day orders still in process!!!?

@blackhole99....A bit disappointing , weren't they?
I can't imagine what the smaller hoops looked like if the largest ones - 1 1/2 inch were lightweight..
Honored Contributor

@KKlimI got the smallest ones and when I opened the box I thought,"you have got to be kidding me".lol

Respected Contributor

Lol @blackhole99....Sorry - you were disappointed as well! 🙂
Honored Contributor

Gold is so absurdly expensive.  If you see any kind of gold under several hundred, it's going to be tiny and lightweight.  Sometimes you can.  I saw a 14K solid chain and big starfish pendent on Gem Shopping Network today.  They have periodically all gold presentation (as it was today)  Usually just under $100 a gram.  But they are heavy solid pieces.  So an average 14K bracelet is usually in the $2,900.00 range.  18K is almost double the price.  Really amazing. 21K or 24K are about the same, sometimes less then 18K.  They are less desirable because of their lack of strength. Some of the gemstones are less expensive then the gold pieces.  But gold is intrinsic value.  Over time,  it's becoming more valuable then diamonds. Platinum, after falling  way behind gold for quite a while has picked up in price a little.  On Gem Shopping, some 18K gems set in diamonds cost more then the same in platinum jewelry.  So other then really rare gem stones, most of the cost is in the actual settings is 18K and diamonds.  Think about it.  Similar gems on all the other shopping networks are set in silver and white topaz.  That makes them hundreds of dollars less.

Super Contributor

Songbird. I've bought one piece from Gemshopping and I sent it back. If you watch it you know they sometimes have a $595 turn table. I saw a ruby ring I really liked so I ordered it. I couldn't believe how small it was how pink the rubies were. I sent it back.

There are a couple of other shopping channels that are on only a few times a week at night. Tvon and I can't think of the other one. Their pieces are really nice and their costs are so much lower. I've seen people pass on pieces that are so beautiful and cost so much less than a similar piece on Gemshopping.I can't understand that unless they just don't have enough people watching. 

I ordered 3 pieces on gold day. I got the bracelet on Tuesday and it's showing I might get the other 2 tomorrow.

What a shame about the TSV earrings. I almost passed up the Judith Ripka diamond earrings I ordered to get the 1 1/2 yellow gold hoops. I'm glad I didn't order them. I wouldn't be surprised to see many pairs in the as is section in a few months.

Super Contributor

Sorry, I just remembered the name of the other shopping channel. PTS jewelry auctions. Channel 309, I think, if you have Direct tv.

Valued Contributor

@Cardamom wrote:

It’s almost been a week. My charge is still pending in my bank so I know they haven’t shipped it. I want my moissanite ring so bad!!!! 

Has anyone’s orders shipped or even been received? Thanks! 

Just received my order today Friday. Hopefully, you'll receive it next week.  I've noticed that when QVC has events like the Klondike Gold Sale they seem to be a little slow to ship our orders.  You'd think it would be the other way around since I would imagine they have everything already in stock.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Remar wrote:

Songbird. I've bought one piece from Gemshopping and I sent it back. If you watch it you know they sometimes have a $595 turn table. I saw a ruby ring I really liked so I ordered it. I couldn't believe how small it was how pink the rubies were. I sent it back.

There are a couple of other shopping channels that are on only a few times a week at night. Tvon and I can't think of the other one. Their pieces are really nice and their costs are so much lower. I've seen people pass on pieces that are so beautiful and cost so much less than a similar piece on Gemshopping.I can't understand that unless they just don't have enough people watching. 

I ordered 3 pieces on gold day. I got the bracelet on Tuesday and it's showing I might get the other 2 tomorrow.

What a shame about the TSV earrings. I almost passed up the Judith Ripka diamond earrings I ordered to get the 1 1/2 yellow gold hoops. I'm glad I didn't order them. I wouldn't be surprised to see many pairs in the as is section in a few months.

Rubies are tiny little things.  They are the most expensive gem stones of all.  Burma Rubies are even smaller.  A 2 caret ruby is more rare then a big diamond. Corundum is just plain small.  We are more used to emeralds and tanzanites with big faces.  I love Gem Shopping because of the color of their gem stones.  I've shopped with them, TVON and LUX jewelry.  I love platinum.  Almost all of my jewelry is set in platinum or 18K.  The under a thousand on Gem Shopping is sometimes not very good.  In Gem Shopping you pay for quality jewelry.  Not for seeking bargains.  Obviously at $2,900.00 gem is going to look a heck of a lot better then a $500.00 gem.  Gold & platinum are valuable because they don't react to anything.  Never tarnish.   I saw the bronze show yesterday.  That tarnishes too, just like silver.

I don't see gold going down at all.  It hovers around the $1,000.00 mark per ounce.  I can see it going up to $3,000.00 and staying  there. Gold Jewelry is always more expensive.  It always goes up in price.  The only time it goes down, is when you sell it.  Jewelry set in 18K or platinum triples the cost of any gemstone set in silver. My love is sapphires and rubies.  I have quite  a few, some purchased at Lux and TVON.  I have a ruby and diamond bracelet purchased for $2,500.00 from GemShopping.  At the jewelry store, it would be closer to $7,000.00.  I have quite a lot, but I work hard for my money.

EDIT:  Just received my 18K Arte d'Oro bracelet.  Wow, wow, etc.  It's small BUT a solid wire through the center. satin beads and in between diamond cut beads.  It's in white gold.  Sparkles in the sun like crazy.  Best of all the natural shape is like a flexible bangle.  You can enclose the lobster claw with one hand!  I badly want the yellow gold one, but it's sold out.  Hoping QVC, please bring it back so I can get it.  There is a rose gold version too.  I might get that.  Have to pay off this one though.  Pretty little tag with the hallmark. J58380  Arg.  Love 18K so much! 

I haven't received my Moissanite ring ordered on gold day either! It apparently hasn't even shipped. Customer service had no answers.

Valued Contributor

@jbsmith wrote:

I haven't received my Moissanite ring ordered on gold day either! It apparently hasn't even shipped. Customer service had no answers.

I called CS too. They said it’s straight from the vendor and out of their control but low and behold my moissanite ring is on the way! I should get it tomorrow or the next day. The EDD is Thursday. Hopefully yours will be on the way soon. It’s coming from Ohio.