Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone out there like small jewelry?

Everything in scale, I think!

I am also 5' 2", but the reason I like smaller pieces sometimes is because I think a lot of stuff out there is gawdy, ostentatious and quite "George & Gladys." And I don't have a need to show off how great I am with the pieces of jewelry I wear.

Years ago I bought a chunky type gold necklace, and I am still trying to find the right outfit/occasion that would compliment it, or the other way 'round, where the neclace would compliment the outfit.

However, a smaller type ring on my finger, such as OP described, would look a bit off on me. For rings, I like a bolder statement.

Have you looked at the Affinity line? I think their styles are very demure.

Super Contributor

Harpa- I actually do have one affinity piece that I purchased "as is". It's a small pave ring and I love it and wear it often. Now I'm in the market for a gemstone piece, my gemstone of choice would be pink saphire or spessertite garnet but that's like looking for a needle in a haystack especially in a more dainty sized ring. I watched all the latest gem shows on qvc and also the Tucson gem shows on evine live, nothing! Last night I purchased a small colored diamond band on clearance on evine, very inexpensive and a lot of the reviews stated they were very tiny and that you must stack 2 or 3 at a time, right up my alley! So the hunt is still on!
Honored Contributor

I've come to really like the smaller necklaces. Something about them, not overwhelming. But, I have enough and don't wear them a whole lot, just off and on.

Respected Contributor

I like earrings on the small side. I like lightweight pierced earrings so they don't stretch down. I don't like the feeling of a dangly earring touching my neck. I have a couple of larger necklaces, but they just seem to sit in the box as I choose other things. Bracelets can be a problem because my wrists are small and most bracelets too big.

Super Contributor

For a while it seemed big, even huge, was in. Watches became the size of dinner plates. Exaggerating but I think you know what I mean. Now I'm seeing more petite vintage inspired jewelry. I really like what I've been seeing.

Honored Contributor

Small pieces are coming back in style!

Since I cut my hair in a Jennifer Lawrence type pixie, stud earrings look best on me too.

Super Contributor

WATCHES!! I have under a 6 inch wrist, there's NO WAY I would ever wear those huge faced watches though I sorta got used to them and think they look good on others. Soooo glad to hear smaller jewelry pieces are coming back!
Honored Contributor

Small pieces never "went away" .... they just started showing larger pieces, as well. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy smaller more delicate jewelry pieces......at times i also like some bold items...but QVC seems to go by the theory that bigger is better no matter what jewelry items/type are being presented.....doubt it will change at this point....

Trusted Contributor

My husband always buys me small jewelry, even though I like wearing bigger, bolder pieces. He purchases a lot from James Avery.