Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone out there like small jewelry?

Love small jewelry... b/c it takes lots of expertise to set smaller stones individually, I think these pieces are often just as expensive as the larger pieces. In Tiffany's, what I saw on display were delicate items for necklaces... so, there you go...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

I'm tall, but prefer understated, classic pieces. I'm not into rings anymore, but prefer smallish, dainty necklaces, bracelets, pendants and earrings. I manage a medical practice and so dress conservatively. Smaller pieces go with my style. You don't have to be short to wear the smaller pieces and still look put together.

The statement jewelry looks great on other people, but it isn't my look.

Frequent Contributor

I've always liked dainty jewelry but on these shopping channels, there are very few pieces presented.

Super Contributor

I like dainty jewelry. It really gets my goat when I read reviews that say, "So small I needed a microscope to see it" or "only suitable for a young child, not a grown woman". I have those same items, and I can see them just fine, and I don't feel like a toddler wearing them.

{#emotions_dlg.mad}

I've seen some reviews like that, for pieces that I considered too big for me. I couldn't imagine them being worn by a child.

Super Contributor

On 2/25/2015 Clover29 said:

I like dainty jewelry. It really gets my goat when I read reviews that say, "So small I needed a microscope to see it" or "only suitable for a young child, not a grown woman". I have those same items, and I can see them just fine, and I don't feel like a toddler wearing them.

{#emotions_dlg.mad}

I've seen some reviews like that, for pieces that I considered too big for me. I couldn't imagine them being worn by a child.

funny, that's exactly the type of review I look for!
Respected Contributor

In the Spring and Summer, I like small jewelry.

Respected Contributor

I like big and small and everything inbetween. It depends on my mood and the occasion. I see quite a bit of smaller gemstone and diamond rings in our jewelry stores.
Respected Contributor

I prefer smaller pieces that are real gems and real gold or SS. From what i'm seeing on tv and in ads, looks like smaller pieces are back.

I like the look of 2 or 3 separate dainty necklaces of differing lengths, up close to my neck. I'm 5'2" so that's a perfect look for me. Smile

Honored Contributor

On 2/25/2015 Debbie555 said: I am barely 5ft tall and have small hands and short fingers. It seems everytime I find a piece of jewelry I like, it's too big for my hands. Either stone too big, too bold, too wide, always something. I'm in the market for a ring and I was looking at David Yurman Albion petite ring but even that is too big for my hands! I don't wear bold jewelry at all and it seems a lot of jewelry caters to those that like big pieces. It's very frustrating cause I always seem to be saying if only it was a little smaller. I'm betting I'm in the minority with this one! Lol I'm really looking for a small gemstone ring with diamonds but it's very very hard to find!

Try bangle bracelets .... most are pretty thin, and would not overwhelm your hand. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

Hi! I am 5'2' and prefer small jewelry. My hands are small and big, bold rings just look as if i was wearing someone elses ring. I have gotten a few petite rings on Esty with a vendor MJ Slaughter. Her name is mary John. She makes gold rings with tiny gemstones and i have several of her rings. They are great to stack and since the band is thin it a few never add up to more than one small ring. The gems are wonderful quality and she does custom work.

Nancy from MA