Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone know? Kirks Folly vs Sweet Romance - Do the metals oxidize?

Always welcome!
Trusted Contributor

Definitely, if you are interested in Sweet Romance, check out their collection on Overstock.com. Go to Overstock and type "Sweet Romance Jewelry" into the search box. I'd imagine they're carrying many styles that are almost sold out, discontinued, whatever -- but they have a big selection, and the prices are lower than ShopHQ and all but the lowest clearance prices on Sweet Romance's own website.

Honored Contributor

I am seriously interested in this piece. I tried to look it up

Respected Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Kirks Folly is closing its doors! Sale of items begins on Oct 1st with big discounts. Kirks Folly/Jennifer and family have been in business for about 35 years, so sad to see this happening. My sister and I would watch and talk on the phone during the Q's presentations. My grand-daughter loves to see my wind-chimes in my home and likes to wear my KF jewelry. Her favorite is the Sea View Moon locket. I ordered a few items today that I will be giving as gifts, (even w/o the discount being offered for the closing sale) while the items are still available and avoid the hassle & rush that will be starting tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 sparklestar said:

It's on this site: http://www.sweetromanceonline.com/Bracelets_s/25.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=25&show=300&page=1

THanks sparkle! This bracelet is so cool!

Trusted Contributor

On 9/30/2014 shoekitty said:

The bracelet is available at SweetRomanceOnline.com for $129. Overstock.com has it for $71.99 on sale (may be a special sale price since I'm an ""O"" email member.) Search O for ""Sweet Romance tango millefiore glass cuff"". This is probably my favorite bracelet ever -- the first S.R. piece I bought. And I was hooked. Beautiful and totally different from anything else. Eye-popping color and design.

How about a bashful little necklace to go along with? (Haven't had the chutzpah to get one of these.......yet.........)

Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 GoodStuff said:
On 9/30/2014 shoekitty said:

The bracelet is available at SweetRomanceOnline.com for $129. Overstock.com has it for $71.99 on sale (may be a special sale price since I'm an "O" email member.) Search O for "Sweet Romance tango millefiore glass cuff". This is probably my favorite bracelet ever -- the first S.R. piece I bought. And I was hooked. Beautiful and totally different from anything else. Eye-popping color and design.

How about a bashful little necklace to go along with? (Haven't had the chutzpah to get one of these.......yet.........) Cool

Goodstuff

Thank you!! I actually bought it on Overstock for 69.99, FREE shipping, and no tax! YES!!! This will be a gift for Christmas. If I don't covet it too much, and "borrow" it. I am really drawn to this cuff!

Trusted Contributor

I haven't read the other comments, but I can comment about both lines of jewelry because I own many pieces. None has oxidized or broken. The only thing that has happened maybe three times with my KF jewelry that I've owned 25+ years, is that a stone has fallen out. Some of the Sweet Romance jewelry I own has a finish on it that sort of looks like oxidation, but it's made to look that way.

Trusted Contributor

Delighted you snagged the bracelet, SK; I think you'll be pleased. It really is a special piece, and Sweet Romance sends things in such nice packaging, too. Overstock's prices and sales change every day or two; glad you got a good deal on it.