Super Contributor

Re: Anyone know? Kirks Folly vs Sweet Romance - Do the metals oxidize?

On 9/29/2014 SANNA said: Sweet Romance is on ShopHQ. Yes, they both from that line. I also love the blue briolettes stones dangling from the wings, they look like fine Swiss blue topazes. And interestingly that the Art Deco necklace she made using real antique glass from one old abandoned American glass factory. I thought it was an incredible story.

That is amazing, wow! I love that! I couldn't quite make out the necklace with the beautiful black drops, but what a story! I don't get shophq, at least I don't think I do! Thanks for sharing your Sweet Romance, I really liked their things. I wish I had bought myself a thing or two!

Super Contributor

Thanks ical & Sanna! (:

Contributor

And Kirks Folly, you can sign up for a membership. You don't have too, but you get 10% off everything, and when they have sales, they have even more discounts. I think it only cost $30 for the year, and you get this years collectors pin.

Trusted Contributor

Sweet Romance jewelry is sold at ShopHQ and at SweetRomanceOnline.com, their own website. Overstock.com also carries a large collection of Sweet Romance, usually at better prices.

I probably have 10 - 12 pieces from the Sweet Romance collection. I don't love everything they make, but many of their things are vintage-y pieces that evoke past styles and design eras (Victorian, Edwardian, art deco, etc.) and are definitely out of the ordinary. I've thoroughly enjoyed the things I have and receive compliments whenever I wear them. Most of their things are bronze or silver-tone or gold-tone, often with glass, crystals, or in some cases semiprecious stones -- in other words, high end costume jewelry. I also have some striking, colorful pieces with millefiore or candy glass beads. I have never had a problem with anything tarnishing, but I have had a couple of situations where a piece broke after wear. Sweet Romance has a lifetime warranty on all of their pieces except things bought from their final clearance online "flea market" sale, regardless of whether you buy their items directly from them or elsewhere. If you go to SweetRomanceOnline.com, you'll find a place to email them as well as a customer service phone number. Ask them about the tarnishing problem you've encountered. They may be able to give you advice on cleaning the piece. If not, you may be able to send the piece to them for replacement or repair. I communicated with them about both of the problems I had and was advised to send in the pieces. They repaired or replaced them at no cost and returned them to me no questions asked.

Like another poster above, though, I have to wonder if the person whose necklace tarnished tried to polish it or clean it with something that wasn't appropriate for the metal and damaged it?

Trusted Contributor

A couple of my favorite personal Sweet Romance acquisitions:

Perfume Bottle Charm Necklace

"Canterbury Necklace", right out of King Henry VIII's Court:

Vintage Peacock Glass Necklace

Vintage Peacock Iris Glass Necklace - SR_N820

Candy Glass/Millefiore Bracelet........a party on the wrist!

This stuff is just SO much fun!

Respected Contributor

How pretty, GoodStuff !
Super Contributor

On 9/29/2014 GoodStuff said:

Sweet Romance jewelry is sold at ShopHQ and at SweetRomanceOnline.com, their own website. Overstock.com also carries a large collection of Sweet Romance, usually at better prices.

I probably have 10 - 12 pieces from the Sweet Romance collection. I don't love everything they make, but many of their things are vintage-y pieces that evoke past styles and design eras (Victorian, Edwardian, art deco, etc.) and are definitely out of the ordinary. I've thoroughly enjoyed the things I have and receive compliments whenever I wear them. Most of their things are bronze or silver-tone or gold-tone, often with glass, crystals, or in some cases semiprecious stones -- in other words, high end costume jewelry. I also have some striking, colorful pieces with millefiore or candy glass beads. I have never had a problem with anything tarnishing, but I have had a couple of situations where a piece broke after wear. Sweet Romance has a lifetime warranty on all of their pieces except things bought from their final clearance online "flea market" sale, regardless of whether you buy their items directly from them or elsewhere. If you go to SweetRomanceOnline.com, you'll find a place to email them as well as a customer service phone number. Ask them about the tarnishing problem you've encountered. They may be able to give you advice on cleaning the piece. If not, you may be able to send the piece to them for replacement or repair. I communicated with them about both of the problems I had and was advised to send in the pieces. They repaired or replaced them at no cost and returned them to me no questions asked.

Like another poster above, though, I have to wonder if the person whose necklace tarnished tried to polish it or clean it with something that wasn't appropriate for the metal and damaged it?

Thank you so very much!! What great information, thanks. I'm going to have to ask her if she played with the metal in some way. I hope not. Perhaps it's from perfume, or something, but the pieces are really nice, imo. I, especially, liked the bird charm bracelet and the charms are lovely, but the bracelet is blackish (the metal).

I had no idea they had a lifetime warranty! I bought them through Shopnbc during one of their shows, with her in mind when I bought them. Thanks again! Smile

Super Contributor

On 9/29/2014 miss got rocks said:

And Kirks Folly, you can sign up for a membership. You don't have too, but you get 10% off everything, and when they have sales, they have even more discounts. I think it only cost $30 for the year, and you get this years collectors pin.

Nice! Thank you! I'll have to look into this!

Super Contributor

On 9/29/2014 GoodStuff said:

A couple of my favorite personal Sweet Romance acquisitions:

Perfume Bottle Charm Necklace

"Canterbury Necklace", right out of King Henry VIII's Court:

Vintage Peacock Glass Necklace

Vintage Peacock Iris Glass Necklace - SR_N820

Candy Glass/Millefiore Bracelet........a party on the wrist!

This stuff is just SO much fun!

Yes! This stuff is a lot of fun! I remember the perfume bottles!!! So nice!!! And that bracelet! Love that, that's so detailed, in the beads! The peacock glass necklace, ah!! Nice! The Canterbury necklace, each section is different, how interesting is that! There's a story in that, in all of them! I loved their shows! Thanks so much for putting up the photos! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

On 9/29/2014 voyager1980 said:

Thanks ical & Sanna! (:

You're welcome, but Sanna knew where they are now, I didn't. So thank you Sanna! Smile