Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have the Cartier Love bracelet??? I am curious how it wears

[ Edited ]

I'm another one that if I can't take it off immediately whenI want to, I won't buy it, but that's just me..... but as with all gold, especially 18k which is a little softer than 14k, it will develop a lovely patina (nice word for scratches and nicks) from wearing it full time.  I personally like that look, but some prefer it staying a shiny gold without a "brushed" look....

I personally love the look of the bracelet and would love wearing it all the time but absolutely do not want it screwed on my wrist permanently..... Woman Frustrated

Edited to add:  I didn't realize the bracelet was plated..... my skin takes off any thickness plating quickly.  I envy those who have no problems with plating.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

So these Love Cartier bracelets are plated?? I never knew that. 

And I’ve always wondered how would you self tan while wearing one of these bracelets for those of us that do that kind of thing? Wouldn’t it become full of gunk and eventually turn color? Or what about wearing any kind of lotion or perfumes etc.

Just like I’ve never understood how hosts put self tanner on their arms during presentations while wearing their jewelry. Doesn’t that ruin their jewelry?? None of them seem to care and keep rubbing the tanner on while pushing out of the way their bracelets on their arm using the tanning mitt. I cringe,  

Respected Contributor

Plated??!! No way ! I was sure they were solid...  I think they are $7,000 without diamonds.... That ship has sailed for me, different priorities at this stage of life.

But I like them in yellow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG are these nail head bracelets back in style again? i have one I got from the Q many years ago - It has a clasp - no need to unscrew it.I was attracted to it because it is silver with gold nail heads so matches anything.

Respected Contributor

I like the Cartier Love bracelet.  I also would be curious how it wears. I would want to take it off in the shower or gym though.

Super Contributor

I cannot afford to buy Cartier but wonder where I can get a knock off in real gold- hopefully 18k - I have some 24k jewelry that I wear all the time - even in the ocean and nothing ever happens to it

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

My husband gave me one years ago. I rarely wear it because I never did get the hang of doing it myself.

@Trinity11,  I would have the same concerns -- even people with someone at home who might help open or close it might not always have someone with us at a time we needed to remove it.   As a sidebar:  I've missed you!   I hope you and yours are well.   Just wanted you to know I've been thinking of you, and your absence from the forums is noticed.❤️

@JasoninBoston,  It's a lovely bracelet!   I think I'd be concerned about safety of wearing something so difficult to remove -- but that probably arises from my career working in IT in hospitals most of my life.   Also, if it's plated the softer ones, such as 18K and higher, wouldn't be my choice simply because of durability.   I hope you let us know what you decided!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston It's beautiful. Personally I wouldn't want a bracelet that I had to leave on all the time. But that's just me, I hope you love it if you get it.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"