Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone have the Cartier Love bracelet??? I am curious how it wears

I LOVE them, but can't afford Cartier! I've looked around for a knock-off, but haven't been successful. I'd like to have one in a white, yellow, & rose-colored metal.....

Honored Contributor

Too rich for my blood but my bff has one, it was a gift from her boyfriend.  Her's was either 14k gold or 18k gold and no "babying" was required.  Just like there's no "babying" required for our wedding bands.  She wore hers constantly for about 10 years, until they broke up.  

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Too rich for my blood but my bff has one, it was a gift from her boyfriend.  Her's was either 14k gold or 18k gold and no "babying" was required.  Just like there's no "babying" required for our wedding bands.  She wore hers constantly for about 10 years, until they broke up.  

@chrystaltree

Thank you for letting me know!

The one I'm intested in is 18k white gold.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

If you are in the NYC area there is a flea market in LI and the vendor sells these bracelets with the little screwdrivers. They are knock offs but they look real

Trusted Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

If you are in the NYC area there is a flea market in LI and the vendor sells these bracelets with the little screwdrivers. They are knock offs but they look real

@CatsyCline

I am in Boston!  So I think I have to get the real thing!!

Thank you Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Although the bracelet is beautiful, I don't like jewelry that doesn't come off easily.  I think it's dangerous.

Valued Contributor

I bought one in 2001, it was screwed on in the store in Tokyo and it's stayed on ever since. 

Mine is white gold and alternating diamonds. I bought the white gold because my Rolex is mostly white gold but if I were to buy it again, I'd probably buy yellow gold this time.

The white gold on mine is starting to turn very slightly yellow on the very edges. No-one else can see it but since I intend to wear this forever, eventually it will show. I know I could have it replated but I don't want to take it off!

I still absolutely love it and it's like being in a little club. Other wearers comment on it when they spot it, show me theirs and we swap our acquisition stories! 

One lady did tell me that everyone she met had a story where the screw loosened and they nearly lost it but that's never happened to me nor anyone else I've asked since. I don't know what to make of that. When I bought mine, the shop assistant fitted it and began turning the screw and asked if I wanted my husband to finish it. I did and maybe my husband fastened it extra tightly?!

Frequent Contributor

I don't have one, but I know that there is a sticky thread on the Purse Forum [forumdotpurseblogdotcom, go to forums>jewelry forums>Cartier] about the Love.

There is also a cuff version, if you want the ability to take it off easily.

If you do buy one, please come back and post pics here. Would "Love" to see it! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I checked on EBay for these and imho the real ones are ridiculously expensive for what they are, however there are many mexican knockoffs for under $100.
Trusted Contributor

@Pagan wrote:

I bought one in 2001, it was screwed on in the store in Tokyo and it's stayed on ever since. 

Mine is white gold and alternating diamonds. I bought the white gold because my Rolex is mostly white gold but if I were to buy it again, I'd probably buy yellow gold this time.

The white gold on mine is starting to turn very slightly yellow on the very edges. No-one else can see it but since I intend to wear this forever, eventually it will show. I know I could have it replated but I don't want to take it off!

I still absolutely love it and it's like being in a little club. Other wearers comment on it when they spot it, show me theirs and we swap our acquisition stories! 

One lady did tell me that everyone she met had a story where the screw loosened and they nearly lost it but that's never happened to me nor anyone else I've asked since. I don't know what to make of that. When I bought mine, the shop assistant fitted it and began turning the screw and asked if I wanted my husband to finish it. I did and maybe my husband fastened it extra tightly?!

Thank you so much for posting! 

I am leaning more toward getting it now!! LOL

Crazy me!!