Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone have experience re-designing jewelry pieces?

Interesting post, I was just thinking the same thing today! My rings (I wear three, a wedding ring, engagement ring and anniversary band) are all in yellow gold, and the majority of my jewelry now is sterling silver, so I'm considering a change. My DH designed my engagement ring, which has actually evolved over time, including two "trade-ups" of the center stone. I would get recommendations from people you know, and not jump into it. I don't trust chains or malls, there are many private designers out there. You can also find them at craft shows. We've developed a relationship with a jeweler in St. Thomas who I would not hesitate to trust, but you do have to be comfortable with whoever you are working with. The cost would depend on who is doing the work, whether it's custom or a setting that's already made and you are just transferring your stones, and of course, the cost of the gold or platinum and any additional stones. What fun!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

On 1/1/2015 feline groovy said:

I think that an eternity band comprised of the two smaller diamonds from your original engagement ring, along with additional stones of the same size (could even be good quality CZ), would be classic.. and classy.

A deceptively-simple perfect circle. Smiley Wink

Your could wear it either way:

*stacked next to your anniversary band

or

*on the opposite hand's ring finger

HTH, and let us know what you decide!

(funny you should ask this, as 2015 is the year that I hope to get my p/t jewelry creations business off the ground, LOL)

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for the continued replies AND all the information. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Feline-These are GREAT ideas. I will definitely post back after I decide what direction to take. Might be a while as we have to get over the holiday hump, craziness, and expenditures, of course! I like the idea of using the smaller stones from the ring in an eternity band style.

Valued Contributor

Hi Lizzie-

Yes, thinking about changing things up is fun and exciting. But what really gets me happy is thinking about being able to wear the dang thing on a daily basis again. To be able to fully enjoy a new ring, with all the original stones (or some) just in a newly designed piece, is what I can't wait for. However, need to fit it into the budget of course. And this moment-week after Christmas-is not the one.

The DH, btw, is totally on board with the idea. And doesn't seem to mind changing the original piece.