Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone have a yellow diamond?

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

Enjoy your new ring in good health!

Just be aware that yellow diamonds , named Canary yellow, come in 2 variations, naturally yellow with certain gradations(vivid yellow and below) and irradiated yellow.

As long as you know what you are buying, it should come preferably with GIA certification.

My skin is too pink, any yellow stones do not look great on me, unfortunately.

@SANNA, you do know that if it was a natural untreated yellow diamond it would likely be cost prohibitive right?  Yes, even a small one.  Let's be realistic here.

@SANNA ~ I'm hoping @Kalli is aware of what a natural yellow diamond costs, depending on flaws, color intensity, etc...

Respected Contributor

I too love the color of a "Yellow Diamond".  If the diamond grade is a good grade, a yellow diamond shines like no tomorrow.  

I have a beautiful 2 ctw yellow diamond band ring set in 14K gold.  It is so beautiful and it is just so different the bands shape.

I also own a 2 pair of yellow diamond hoop earings.  Both are lovely.

Kalli...

Wear it...Enjoy it...Don't let it sit in a valt.  

Wear in Good Health, and I hope it makes you smile each and everytime you look at it on your finger..

Super Contributor

No, but I just love ❤️ a yellow diamond, so beautiful! Glad you got to treat yourself, wear it everyday and enjoy!
Respected Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

Enjoy your new ring in good health!

Just be aware that yellow diamonds , named Canary yellow, come in 2 variations, naturally yellow with certain gradations(vivid yellow and below) and irradiated yellow.

As long as you know what you are buying, it should come preferably with GIA certification.

My skin is too pink, any yellow stones do not look great on me, unfortunately.

@SANNA, you do know that if it was a natural untreated yellow diamond it would likely be cost prohibitive right?  Yes, even a small one.  Let's be realistic here.

Again, "cost prohibitive" is a very personal thing. For some $100 is very expensive and for some $100,000 is ok. You just do not know who participate in these discussions. If people buy some stuff from Q doesn't mean they are poor.

I was just trying to explain the difference. BTW my daughter has a natural certified vivid cushion cut canary yellow 1 ct  that her boyfriend paid $12,000 years ago.

and generally, I do not like your tone, we are friendly to each other here. So please either chill out or do not write to me.

Thank you

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's argumentative.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

2011 04 18_4851.JPGNo but I bought a canary moissanite.  I love it.

Respected Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

No but I bought a canary moissanite.  I love it.

I bought a canary Signity by Michael V in 18 K yellow gold and do not wear them because it is not my color, but the greed......

Respected Contributor

congrats! Wear it in good health! I love yellow diamonds! I only have tiny ones in earrings, but I've seen large, Emerald cut yellow dia and I drool every time I think of it!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

2011 04 18_4851.JPGNo but I bought a canary moissanite.  I love it.

Beautiful.  Moissanites have more fire and brilliance than diamonds do too.  Beautiful ring.  Wear it in good health.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

I posted here just because I was so pleased with my unexpected purchase...not to mislead anyone.  This is not a $10,000 ring.  When I said the yellow diamond is not big, I meant it.  It's probably only about a fifth of a carat.  The side marquise stones are small, too.  There are little beads of gold around the stone that make it appear larger.  There's a fair amount of gold in this ring because that's how this goldsmith's designs are.  But it's a petite ring by his standards as he often loads more gold on.  

I usually save for a while and buy one of his pieces every couple of years.  When I shop at his store, it's not really about the size of the stone as it is about the color and his design of the piece. 

Anyway, this ring just spoke to me.  That's how it is with his stuff.  I walk in, talk for a while and if something jumps out at me we discuss price.  There were several times when I was younger that he allowed me to do a payment plan.   And there were many more times I just had to walk away as it was never going to be in my budget. 

Thanks, everyone, for sharing in my excitement!