Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone ever purchase jewelry from Alex & Ani?

I don't really care for "fashion" jewelry, but I LOVE Alex & Ani bracelets!  I have a few, and have given my Mom some as well.  She's 90 and loves hers.  Easy to put on and wear!

Honored Contributor

Thanks, everyone, for responding!  It looks like for the most part everyone is very pleased with this company and with their jewelry.  I was looking at some of their designs and I do see that they have some on sale.  I like that these are meaningful pieces and I feel that they would be a joy to wear and also to give as gifts!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have an Alex & Ani braclet that I wear about 3 times a week with some similarly styled braclets.  The others are silver, I think the Alex & Ani is base metal.  I don't know because it was a gift from my staff.  I have owned it for about 5 years and it has stood up just fine.  I had to replace the sterling one that is similar to it because the charm fell off. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't own any and have never purchased them as gifts, but I have seen them often on RueLaLa.  The prices might be better there.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

They are NOT fine metal, and not intended to be. 

The sentiments expressed are lovely, and I wear several of mine often. They mean more than some of my fine jewelry to me.

DD gave me the "Mom" one for Mothers' Day three years ago. It was DS' first year of college. He came home for Christmas that year with one he had purchased there that reflects his college town. I wear those two all of the time! My collection has grown considerably - I have more than enough! Every bracelet I have means something special. Last year for my birthday DD gave me the charm necklace with our birthstones on it! 

They are made in the USA! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I probably have 25 Alex & Ani bracelets. I usually wear three at a time, but sometimes I'll layer four or five.

I've been wearing them for several years and they hold up well. Never had a charm fall off. I only have one bracelet in the 'gold' finish; I prefer the 'silver' finish.

Some bracelets are available in matte silver finish, matte gold finish and matte rose gold finish. Some are available in shiny gold finish and shiny silver finish.

I have several of their wrap rings. I loves these rings!! They are easily adjustable and I sometimes even stack two together and wear them. I don't like the charm (dangle) wrap rings though - the charm would drive me crazy.

Sometimes I get an email for free shipping on an order of any amount, otherwise it's $3 for any size order, or free if your order is over $75.

About three weeks ago they had an offer for a free bracelet if you ordered a certain amount. I took advantage of that offer and I was able to get a Claddagh bracelet for free!!

They do have a sale section on their site and it's worth checking for any deals.

Respected Contributor

I have a bunch of them.  I wear at least 3 of them every day.  My girls wear them too. 

An Alex & Ani store opened in my mall.  They have so many pretty things - earrings, necklaces, and rings. 

Respected Contributor

I first bought these bracelets on QVC and then realized the View Your Deal had some at 50% in the past. Yesterday, GMA Deals and Steals had some for 50% off. Free shipping.

I prefer the Silver Finish Rafaelian and the Wraps. I have some bangles with charms and without. I also have some Gold Finish Rafaelian.

I never paid full price for any of them. Just be patient and they will pop up. Of course you are limited by what the company chooses to sell.

These are originally $48 each and I paid $51.60 with tax and free shipping for both.

Honored Contributor

I have LOTS of A&A and I choose what to wear based on my mood.

I have turtles and dolphins and seashells from vacations in FLA...a Lady Liberty necklace made with copper from the statue...lots of choices.

They aren't "fine" jewelry and don't pretend to be...but they are fun and MADE IN THE USA!!!

Respected Contributor

I love the designs but have had mixed results. The set I purchased from QVC on a Hampton fund raiser show was poor quality and fell apart. The one bracelet disintegrated when I put it on the first time. The wrap styles have held up well. I have enough of both the silver and gold styles to make a decent collection. For the cost per item, I've decided to add to my Brighton collection of bracelets and do mix their "art and soul" line with my A&A as the gold is similar in color and finish.