New Contributor

Anyone ever order from Gem Shopping Network?

Their jewelry seems to good to be true.

Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone ever order from Gem Shopping Network?

I've ordered a few items and have generally been pleased.  They used to be much better before they were sold (as usual).  You have to be very skeptical of a few of the vendors they bring on and try to take a good look at the stones.  Some are extraordinary, others may have many inclusions.  I usually watch without the sound so am not taken in by their hype.  Shipping costs are very high as I believe they only use FedEx.  Depends on price of item due to insurance.

Super Contributor

I have purchased a number of very nice things from Gem Shopping Network.  They do bring in different outside vendors -- some are better than others.  I have found they they offer some very nice and unique and rare items.  They do provide a lot of detail on each item (size, gram weight, etc.) and I look closely at that when making a decision.  I agree that the shipping costs are VERY high (depends on cost of the item) and if you decide to return, the return shipping cost with insurance really adds up.  If you want to return, you do have to call to get a return authorization # -- not a problem, but something you must do prior to returning.

Honored Contributor

Just once, it was a less expensive item and I wasn't impressed.  At the time there was conversation on the board about the difficulty of their return policy or lack thereof.  I don't even watch anymore, just stick to the "big three" shopping channels, plus LC and JTV.  

Trusted Contributor

Lovely pieces on GSN, but mostly not stuff that would fit into my life.  Have looked at their offerings online, but I have the impression they want to sell over the phone while the show is going on.  I just don't do things that way.

Honored Contributor

I have.  More then several times.  I try to get corundum (Sapphires or Ruby)  That's the only gems I really like and always with diamonds.  Either 18K or Platinum.  My best purchase was a almost 2 carat Burma set in platinum.  All of my purchases come with a lab certificate.  TVON has offered jewelry like this and a lot cheaper, BUT the gem colors aren't as nice.  And everything about gems are the colors.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Just once, it was a less expensive item and I wasn't impressed.  At the time there was conversation on the board about the difficulty of their return policy or lack thereof.  I don't even watch anymore, just stick to the "big three" shopping channels, plus LC and JTV.  

Their cheaper jewelry is NOT good at all. You're only consolation is most of the time it's set  in 14K which is more valuable then semi precious gems. The really nice gems/diamonds start at over $3,000.00.  The other good thing is that they don't have sales tax.  Gem stones are not that valuable to begin with.  Only the precious and the exotics have intrinsic value along with diamonds. 

Contributor

Gem Shopping Network does have a lot of beautiful items, but they are way overpriced as far as I am concerned.  I have bought a lot of really beautiful Art Deco platinum and diamond jewelry from eBay at a fraction of what they want and just as nice with free shipping on eBay.  GSN wants as much for one ring as we paid for our first house when we got married.  Their lower priced turntables for $595 have items on there that would be a couple of hundred dollars elsewhere.  Can't stand listening to those hosts they have that sound like a bunch of carnival barkers with their yelling and shouting.  To me, that demeans the jewelry.