Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone ever buy JTV "fabulite"?

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Researched the difference between lab & synthetic. Both are different from say, Diamoniqiue colored stones. @nova checking out JTV fabulite. Thank you.

Lab and synth stones are the same thing and are chemically (found in nature) identical to a gemstone found in the earth. Simulated stones are not those. Simulated stones are man-made (not found in nature) and can be made of glass, plastic, cz (DMQ) or anything else that looks like a gemstone. Colored DMQ stones can be CZ, glass and sometimes lab created. @Sweet_Serenity 

eta - I believe when DMQ uses a colored stone which is lab created then they usually state that in the description. Otherwise it would just say it's simulated.....but I could be wrong. Maybe someone here might know for sure.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Explained perfectly, Per usual. No matter what the subject. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

There has been quite a bit oif chatter about the strontium titanate Fabulite, and I admit I got curious.  Ordinarily I only buy genuine stone jewelry, but this sounded soooo intriguing I decided to buy a pair of studs from JTV just to see what all the talk was about.  They weren't very expensive, but  WOW!!!  I do have a pair of diamond studs and these beat any diamond I ever saw hands down!  I'm definitely considering buying a pendant, too.  The sparkle is over the top--absolutely beautiful!  I have @SilleeMee  to thank for the nudge that pushed me to buy those earrings.  It won't cost you much, @novato give them a try.

To be fair, I've never bought moissanite, cz, DMQ or simulated stones before, so I can only compare these with the diamond pieces I have, but there is no contest in my mind.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Fascinating, Thank you! Do you know anything about Lab-created sapphire? 

I just received a lab created color change Sapphire.  It is so pretty.  I am not kidding when I say it is a hand grabber.  Two people have grabbed my hand and said how lovely and what is it.  It goes from blue to green to purple.  It is a honker as Michael vallitutti would say from Gems En Vogue.  I also have a lab created blue sapphire that is lovely.  The only problem I have had is with the rose gold.  They don;t seem to do that well.  I had a ring where the rose gold wore off.   I called customer service and explained and they sent me the same ring in silver which I did request.  They also said I did not need to send the other one  back.  So I stick with the rhodium over silver.  I have never had any problem with any of the stones.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have several pieces from JTV in the Strontium Titanate and I love them. In my opinion they look like real diamonds and are more brilliant than Diamonique. I was able to pick up several good buys on clearance. I also try to purchase on Monday's when JTV offers the extra 15% discount. 

Honored Contributor

Because ST is a very soft stone, 5.5, I would not consider it for a ring or a bracelet. Earrings and pendants would be fine but keep those stored away from other things so they don't get scratched or chipped.

Honored Contributor

I was about to mention that.

After a time, scratches & such could make the stone look not so sparkly

@SilleeMee wrote:

Because ST is a very soft stone, 5.5, I would not consider it for a ring or a bracelet. Earrings and pendants would be fine but keep those stored away from other things so they don't get scratched or chipped.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback about the fabulite.  @VegasBusinessWoman  your great testimonial pushed me over the edge.  lol 

I bought a rose gold pendant with a round fabulite under a trillion shaped morganite.  The item number at JTV is TMH009  It is absolutely spectacular!  I have other simulants and this out-sparkles all of them.  I absolutely love the entire look complete with rose gold hoop earrings I already own.  @SilleeMee Thanks for the info about the softness of the stone!

Frequent Contributor

I have 3 rings in ST. I also have a necklace and a pair of stud earrings. I think I remember one of the hosts saying that the sparkle of Fabulite is 5 times that of a diamond. Most of my pieces are primarily round cuts, one ring is an Asscher Cut. That cut just seems to be made to show off ST's spectucular sparkle. I definitely plan to buy more jewelry containing this stone.

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback about the fabulite.  @VegasBusinessWoman  your great testimonial pushed me over the edge.  lol 

I bought a rose gold pendant with a round fabulite under a trillion shaped morganite.  The item number at JTV is TMH009  It is absolutely spectacular!  I have other simulants and this out-sparkles all of them.  I absolutely love the entire look complete with rose gold hoop earrings I already own.  @SilleeMee Thanks for the info about the softness of the stone!

I just looked up your item number.  It is lovely.  Good choiceSmiley Happy