Super Contributor

Re: Anyone Remember This Ring?

I have the black onyx version of this ring...but I don't recall it being offered in any other stone options. I don't wear it often, but it is a wonderful ring and it is quite heavy. The green is lovely! Enjoy your new treasure.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have it in Black Onyx. It came with the rope twist ring guards as a set and the DQ pave ring guards (which I also have) were an up-sell. It was a very, very early piece---the first year. It was offered in the MOP version as shown.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

On 3/3/2014 Jersey Born said:

Hi, Lola! I have no recollection of this ring. I do not believe it is a JRQ, or even a JR sterling ring, in its design.

Yes it is---see my post---I have this in the Black Onyx---I think if might be the first JR piece I bought from one of the very very early shows.

Respected Contributor

On 3/3/2014 Glitter Puss said:

I don't know when this ring was presented, but it must have been more than 10 years ago before I started collecting JR. I have seen this same ring on ebay in black onyx. I believe these rings came w/ 2 guard rings to be worn on either side of this ring. The guard rings have tiny DMQ stones & are straight across w/ a semi-round dip in the middle to fit around the stone part of this ring. Those guard rinfs often appear on ebay - sometimes by themselves & sometimes w/ the middle gemstone ring such as this one. Hope that helps you.

See my post above---the DQ ring guards were an up-sell. the guards that came with the ring were a simple rope twist---I have the BO ring and the up-sell.

Super Contributor

On 3/4/2014 Sheesh said:
On 3/3/2014 Glitter Puss said:

I don't know when this ring was presented, but it must have been more than 10 years ago before I started collecting JR. I have seen this same ring on ebay in black onyx. I believe these rings came w/ 2 guard rings to be worn on either side of this ring. The guard rings have tiny DMQ stones & are straight across w/ a semi-round dip in the middle to fit around the stone part of this ring. Those guard rinfs often appear on ebay - sometimes by themselves & sometimes w/ the middle gemstone ring such as this one. Hope that helps you.

See my post above---the DQ ring guards were an up-sell. the guards that came with the ring were a simple rope twist---I have the BO ring and the up-sell.

You are so right!!! I completely forgot about the original guards that came with...lord knows what I did with them, but I have a feeling they are living in my daughter's jewelry case. I really don't remember there being another stone option, but it might have been an item I purchased later with only the BO option available. My very first piece was a sterling and citrine (oval stone placed east/west) ring with two puffy hearts on the sides. It is an exact copy of an 18k ring from her couture line. I purchased the "tushy" heart around the same time.

Respected Contributor

Smarty, that tushy heart clip-on along with an oval link, textured chain that was flat on one side were my very first JRQ purchases.

Respected Contributor

I do not think this come in Green Chalcedony. I think it may have come in Green Jade...Judith was using Jade back then, this came out at the same time as the Jade Link bracelet which I got in the Green, Black and Red Jade. So if there is Chalcedony in that ring, then the stone was replaced. She was using Green, Purple, Red, Black and Yellow Jade in those early days.

Super Contributor

Well now I have had almost all my questions answered by our historical experts! I have NEVER seen any non-Diamonique ring guards though -- anyone have a picture of those?

Also, I'm still curious about the original price -- anyone have a memory that good? Just ballpark would be fine.

Thanks again, everyone, for your replies!!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 3/4/2014 Sheesh said:

I do not think this come in Green Chalcedony. I think it may have come in Green Jade...Judith was using Jade back then, this came out at the same time as the Jade Link bracelet which I got in the Green, Black and Red Jade. So if there is Chalcedony in that ring, then the stone was replaced. She was using Green, Purple, Red, Black and Yellow Jade in those early days.

I remembered Jade too, Sheesh, but this looks quite different from Jade, glow-y and translucent. The ring doesn't look like it has been "worked on" either.

Lola
Super Contributor

Well, to add to the mystery...I checked in my daughter's jewelry case, and I only have the DMQ ring guards...could this ring have been offered with just the dmq ring guards? Mine looks like the photo of the BO ring...I am so confused!! Too much Ripka and too many years!