Super Contributor

Re: Anybody pre order Gold Day?

Wasn't the gold rush always on Aug. 17?

Trusted Contributor

I didn't pre-order but I looked at the new pieces today.  Have to work so no time to shop, but I saw several things that looked good to me and were within my budget.  Will go back when I have time off to decide what to get.  This is the best bunch of new gold I have seen in a while.  

Contributor

Songbird1...I have the original coin charm bracelet from 10+ years ago. It's absolutely beautiful and none of the coins have tarnished. Hope that helps!

Valued Contributor

@SUNGIRL wrote:

Songbird1...I have the original coin charm bracelet from 10+ years ago. It's absolutely beautiful and none of the coins have tarnished. Hope that helps!

I have a sterling Italian coin charm bracelet purchased in 2004. Item #J98722. It was $33.42.  I also purchased a necklace with the Italian coins.

Sterling Italian Coin Charm 8-inch Bracelet

Valued Contributor

I forgot to say that my coins have not tarnished but it has been kept a tarnish free jewelry box.  Here is the Italian coin necklace.  Item #J3942.

Sterling Italian Lire Coin Charm 20 Necklace

Honored Contributor

Lovely bracelet SharkeSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I tried watching the Klondike Gold Rush with MaryBeth and then Alberti last night - and literally fell asleep on my couch for a few minutes. So boring, high prices, nothing interesting. Years ago, I purchased a beautiful pair of 18KT gold hoops , 1-1/4" - and I lost one of the earrings. When they showed a similar pair, I went on line to check it out - and the pair they showed was hollow --- and what kind of quality could u get for $109? Looks like a piece of junk!!!! 

Gold Prices Down --- --QVC prices UP; Value Down, Quality Down; Selection Down

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sharke, I love those earrings--very pretty!

I preordered the TSV and liked it on the presentations by and large; my doubt is about the color of the gold, which looked light to me both on my monitor and my TV. Two lengths in the necklace (16 and 18", I think)  sold out as well as the 8" (?) bracelet, so they did pretty well as a TSV.  I prefer classic pieces that complement my outfits rather than flashy items.

I also ordered the double rope chain bracelet, which had the kind of richer color I prefer; I am replacing a rope bracelet I wore a lot for years, which I lost last year when the clasp failed.  On the double rope my fear is that the lobster claw clasp is going to bother me--they often are hard to clasp and look cheap. 

The Byzantine bracelet is intended as a gift for my sister, who doesn't own a Byzantine and likes them.  I also purchased the one-time-only turquoise charm earring.  Turquoise and gold are among my favorite combos and I am picking up pieces while they are available. 

I had to sit out years of drusy quartz, which I don't like so much, on gold days and am happy the new go-to is turquoise for semi-precious gems right now.

I find a lot of variation in Byzantine chains, so I'll have to see if this one seems well made. 

Honored Contributor

Sounds like you did good. I felt you can't go wrong with love knots.