Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody buy any thing today ?

@depglass    I thought JAI prices started high and went higher.  It all looks alike and I find it very unappealing, even masculine.  Also don't care for the vendor, so I never watch those shows.  If you weren't interested in JAI or Affinity, there wasn't much to watch yesterday.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jai is heavily insipred by Yurman. At times I think Scott contemplate how else I can tweak David creations? I do love both lines. I wear Jai a lot, some pieces I like in Jai version more than in David's. it is very wearable. It does not snag on clothes, it does not have too high of the profile, it is easy to care.

I did not have much lack with Jai bracelet. I purchased several, but they oxidized very badly. Yurman bracelet don't change over time, they get better.

The cost per wear to me for Jai line is excellent. If I keep a piece, I wear it consistently.

I do love oxydized silver.

Here, in Seattle area everything gets oxydized, more so in autumn and winter. In one day you will get your jewelry covered with patina no matter how you store it, we have too much humidity. I can say even ultrafine silver become super dull. I have few pieces, I can say they don't shine here.

Honored Contributor

I got  a look at the Eterna Gold.  I couldn't yesterday.  But I'm quite taken by the panther ring.  Seriously thinking about it.  I wish they showed the gram weight.  Gem Shopping always shows the gram weight of the metal. It's still showing the sale price. 

Honored Contributor

Had the Manse nail ring in my cart but didn't buy.  Truth be told, I really only wear rings on my ring finger; so unless I grow extra ring fingers I have enough rings to last to forever and beyond.

Honored Contributor

@alice87 wrote:

Jai is heavily insipred by Yurman. At times I think Scott contemplate how else I can tweak David creations? I do love both lines. I wear Jai a lot, some pieces I like in Jai version more than in David's. it is very wearable. It does not snag on clothes, it does not have too high of the profile, it is easy to care.

I did not have much lack with Jai bracelet. I purchased several, but they oxidized very badly. Yurman bracelet don't change over time, they get better.

The cost per wear to me for Jai line is excellent. If I keep a piece, I wear it consistently.

I do love oxydized silver.

Here, in Seattle area everything gets oxydized, more so in autumn and winter. In one day you will get your jewelry covered with patina no matter how you store it, we have too much humidity. I can say even ultrafine silver become super dull. I have few pieces, I can say they don't shine here.

@alice87 You are right about pieces in that style.  They will go anywhere.

I have Yurman pieces I have had for many many years and they have held up very well despite me wearing them all the time to work.  For what I paid and the wear I got out of them, it was money well spent.

When they first came out the guy at the jewelry store was showing them to me and I said "I'm NOT paying that for silver."  A few weeks later he "loaned" me a cable bracelet to wear to a meeting.  I called him the next day and said "turn in a ticket" and he laughed and said "I already did!" I can't believe how much I have worn it. 

And it kept me from buying so many other pieces over the years. 

Honored Contributor

WOW! must had been a good friend.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

Had the Manse nail ring in my cart but didn't buy.  Truth be told, I really only wear rings on my ring finger; so unless I grow extra ring fingers I have enough rings to last to forever and beyond.

Woman Very Happy lol!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sooner, it is so true.

A lot of people react to Yurman, how would anybody would pay his prices for silver.

His pieces are amazing, you do pay for quality. The bracelets are addictive. He finally started having some kind of split payments. Or would of bought him much sooner. Instead I have a lot of Bixby, which I like, but she is no longer as active as she used to be. The excitement are somewhat gone without the shows and Barbara.

Respected Contributor

I have the jai pine tree necklace.  Super shiny, beautiful and comfortable.  I like Scott.  I am a half size in rings, so all are too big or too small.