Valued Contributor

Any reviews on Bixby vine ring?

Please post your reviews and let us know what you think.  I love the ring, however my iolite one was very dark.  One needs daylight to see that it is not a black stone.  Love the peridot and white topaz.  The blue topaz is a bit light, but will keep it.  Will return the iolite.  Still in all, love the design of the ring. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Any reviews on Bixby vine ring?

My iolite ring is perfect, a lovely saturated blue/purple color.

Regular Contributor

My iolite stones are also so dark they almost look black!  

Valued Contributor

roxiegirl--I don't know if one can even tell it's iolite.  Do you think it's worth keeping?  You can only tell when one sees it in some type of light source.

Regular Contributor

I will be sending mine back. I have reordered it  in the garnet and it has shipped. I already own this ring in peridot and enjoy wearing it often.

Honored Contributor

My iolite looks blue.  I just took it out and looked at it again.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

roxiegirl~~I also am sending mine back in iolite.  Will keep the blue topaz.  Love the blue.

Valued Contributor

I received the citrine today. The stones look more bronze than citrine. I was hoping for a bit brighter color. Not sure if I will keep it. Otherwise, I love the weight and metal colors of the ring. 

Valued Contributor

Italianlady said she wore this ring for a week or two and got a scratch on the gold leaf.  She said the gold coating was very thin and the silver shows through.  What I don't understand is that when Barbara Bixby is on, she says all her gold added on the silver pieces is not a coating but gold through and through.  I've heard her say that twice in the last year.  So why is a customer seeing just the opposite?  Are we being duped?  Italianlady states she doesn't know whether to keep it because of how easily it scratched and showed silver underneath. (Her review posted under the ring.)  Bixby is the one designer I believe, but now I am not so sure.  Anyone out there know anything more about the Bixby jewelry???

Valued Contributor

My first citrine ring had more bronze/brown stones. Citrine is my birthstone, and I wanted the true citrine (yellowish, not brown) color. I returned the first ring and on the exchange form asked for yellow stones. Well, I received the exchange this week and the stones are yellow! Don't know if what I wrote on the form made a difference, but I am now keeping the ring.