Honored Contributor

Any purchase from Gem shopping network?

I'm sick and tired of silver & fake diamonds.  I hate the gold over silver. And even the 10K Jewelry TV slaps it's rings in.  I'm willing to pay the $1,000.00 to $3,000.00 for precious gems, diamonds & 18K or platinum setting.  We have Gem shopping network & two other high end jewelry store quality shopping networks.  Although expensive they occasionaly drop under $1,000.00.  For example a ruby & diamond ring set in 18K for $895.00.  They are mostly estate pieces.  They did this morning.  I was so tempted to buy.

Anyone buy from them?  I figure I pay at least more for the endless diamonique & silver junk on QVC.

Respected Contributor

Re: Any purchase from Gem shopping network?

I've told here before that I have made a few purchases with Gem Shopping. I've only had to return one (a pair of loose stones), and it was handled properly.

@songbird, you can feel comfortable purchasing from this shopping channel.  Watch the demonstrations and listen to descriptions carefully to be sure you understand what you are buying.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Valued Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I'm sick and tired of silver & fake diamonds.  I hate the gold over silver. And even the 10K Jewelry TV slaps it's rings in.  I'm willing to pay the $1,000.00 to $3,000.00 for precious gems, diamonds & 18K or platinum setting.  We have Gem shopping network & two other high end jewelry store quality shopping networks.  Although expensive they occasionaly drop under $1,000.00.  For example a ruby & diamond ring set in 18K for $895.00.  They are mostly estate pieces.  They did this morning.  I was so tempted to buy.

Anyone buy from them?  I figure I pay at least more for the endless diamonique & silver junk on QVC.

@songbird love your forum name! I did once years ago and wasn't dissapointed. I ordered two pieces. A pair of diamond earrings a multi stone setting (appx. 2 cttw) 14K white gold in a tension/bezel setting. They were a bit over $500.00 and, appraised for $4000!

Secondly, a beautiful large oval cut blue zircon with checkerboard cut. In 18kt gold. Appx 12 x 10 MM stone. With. .75 diamond accent stones all were GH in colour and tension/bezel set in both tension and bezel. A gorgeous ring! Appraised for $2400.00. I paid $875 in an auction. 

I needed to take a break so, I didn't watch for a while. And, when I came back, I could find the channel.  If any one knows if they are still around? Please, share!

Trusted Contributor

I watch this channel on occasion...I have only made one purchase from them so far.  I bought a pair of 14k white gold and diamond earrings..a beautiful pair of earrings.. well made, and no problems with the purchase. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

I love to see the jewelry they show and only watch once in a while as I know I'm only window shopping, and I have to sit on my hands looking at the jewels. They have so much of a selection, new and estate pieces.

If you can watch for a period of time you can get some nice jewels at a good price.. as you stated with the ruby and diamond set with 18k.

Let us know if you make a purchase.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I missed the ruby & diamond ring for $895.00.  It went so fast.  It was unheated & set in 18K. I was on the phone, but it was gone by the time they got to me.  I have registered, so it should be easier to be able to get though.  I've learned that the beginning of the show they show a lower price on the opening tray. I'll stay in the $1,000.00-$3,000.00 price range. I only want a sapphire or ruby.  I dislike emeralds and the other stones are mostly semi-precious sometimes set very expensive settings. An opal in platinum & diamonds for example.  I could not believe.  And yes, you have to sign for it when your jewelry arrives.  We have two other jewelry store quality networks.  So I might register for those too.

Occasional Contributor

I just ordered a ring from them 2 months ago. It is a stunning ring, however, if you need to have the ring sized more than two sizes, you can't return it, and, the sizing cost is rather expensive; they charged me $180 just for that. There is a 20% restocking fee on custom items, mounted items or on rings you had sized that you wish to return. Also, the shipping was almost $50 (FedEx). Despite the negatives I would still order from them in the future because the jewelry is that good...clean white diamonds, great quality gems, substantial gold, etc.