Super Contributor

Re: Any News on What Lisa Robertson is up to?

LipstickDiva, I agree with you. It's one thing to share interests but I don't think I'd be sharing shots of my bedroom. I am actually surprised that the hosts put information about when they are out of town on vacation and where they are going. I suspect they all have home security systems--but even the most basic cautions about Facebook is that you don't broadcast absences. But even on a general level I wouldn't be posting my bedroom for the world to see.

As for Lisa, she is an enigma. Big in the world of home shopping but not a blip outside of that. I don't say that in a mean-spirited way. It is just that we all have a certain realm of influence. Hers was large in home shopping. But it's not like she was a cancer researcher...or a teacher even. In my eyes, those who teach children have a much more impactful and important job. But she was interesting in her realm and I enjoyed her. I stopped checking in on her FB because, as I said before, it just got too childish for me. Guess how a toilet paper roll got on my floor??? It seems like she is missing the pseudo-celebrity status.

I hope her next venture is the perfect one for her and brings her loads of happiness.

Valued Contributor

I just noticed today that Lisa's QVC blogs have finally been taken down.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/12/2015 shoptheQ said:

I just noticed today that Lisa's QVC blogs have finally been taken down.

They must have put them back up??? She's still listed as a Top Blog Author on my screen. I was just able to click the links and access her blog posts.
Honored Contributor

I'm still able to see her blogs too...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

On 1/11/2015 wildcat fan said:
On 1/11/2015 Ms X said:
On 1/11/2015 wildcat fan said:
On 1/11/2015 Ms X said:

Her number of followers keeps growing and now is approaching 100,000. That's more than 3,000 friending her per day.

She goes out quite a lot and posts photos of that plus a lot of sunsets and pictures of her culinary creations (mostly roasted vegetable dishes). After the holidays, she got back to the gym and posted pictures of some exercises I would never do. They looked really hard and unpleasant. Of course, I'm not in the public eye.

I can't wait for her to tell us what she's doing next.

Her number of followers has been in the 90,000 range for weeks. She got a lot in the beginning, but in the last couple of weeks, she has not picked up 3,000 followers each day.

I was averaging it out. I just noticed that she was approaching 100 K. More recently, I remember about 40 K.

I understand it's an average, but she had around 90,000 before Christmas. I was just pointing out that she's not attracting new followers like she did in the beginning.

In the month that since she has been gone. Every week she has gotten more likes on her new fb page and old QVC fb page, then any other host QVC has gotten on their fb pages. Last night she posted a picture of her, Rachel Bosing and her former social media Katie around 8:30pm. By the time Courtney signed off the PM Style chat at 10pm, Lisa had gotten more comments and likes in a 1 1/2 hours to the picture then Courtney did in 3 hours.

Respected Contributor

Lisa hosted on her Facebook page a Golden Globe fashion discussion party during E Entertainment Red Carpet show. She had 5,000+ participants. I guess there are some people who do miss her on the Q.

Trusted Contributor

LipstickDiva & srgtdj ~ I agree with both of you. I posted a few weeks ago that people should be careful about things they put on FB:

In particular, Lisa mentioning that she has been frequenting a certain restaurant (she named it) puzzled me as she has had to deal with stalkers. Talking about places visited after the fact is one thing.................saying you go to a certain place often is not safe ~

I'm aware Lisa was going to have a "chat" on FB during the Golden Globes to discuss fashion ~ I didn't participate, nor have I read the comments ~ however, it must have been very difficult for Lisa not seeing her dear friend, Joan Rivers, on the Red Carpet.

Respected Contributor

Lisa is probably taking a rest after 24 years at QVC. She is entitled. By the way the poster who said she probably made $150,000 per year was way too low. It was probably closer to $1,000,000 per year. The host e.g.. Rick, the cooking guy and Jill Bauer also do very well.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/13/2015 culebra said:

Lisa hosted on her Facebook page a Golden Globe fashion discussion party during E Entertainment Red Carpet show. She had 5,000+ participants. I guess there are some people who do miss her on the Q.

I didn't participate. I had fun chatting with everyone here in Fashion Talk. Smiley Happy I just checked her FB, and Lisa posted that there was more than 5000 comments. I didn't bother to read any of them, but that could mean that some people posted more than once. 5000 comments is not necessarily the same as 5000 participants.
Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Mgraw Fan said:
On 1/9/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:

Lisa had been on the Q for two decades...I don't think it's odd for people to wonder about her next business move. I really enjoyed that she didn't share much about her personal life; she was a professional and kept the focus on the product.

I have been on her new page, and like some other posters, I too believe that she is cultivating a new public base for her next enterprise.

Her send-off--all 4 minutes of it-- on her last night of programming was miserable after 20 years of service. She gave herself the 'gold watch' as her last purchase on the Q that night. Up until the last minute, she presented without missing a beat, and then left quietly.

I'm not certain as to why people reach for ridicule when describing what she has been posting, taking pieces of it out of context. And she responds to her following's posts daily.

Lisa was an anomaly in the industry. She contracted for the Italian travel, better shows and an involvement in the designing of GiLI (no matter what you think of it).

I'm not an obsessive fan nor am I a detractor, but I do admire her business acumen.

Very well said AG.....you my dear are a class act!

Lovely!