Honored Contributor

Re: Any News on What Lisa Robertson is up to?

On 1/9/2015 Heart of Spade said:

She's very, very busy racing go-carts.

LOL, turning into a caricature..

Frequent Contributor

I had read she had stalkers bothering her. There is one that has been stalking her for years. She is always looking over her shoulder and when she hears something in her house and she is there alone, she gets frightened. She goes different routes home so if anyone is following her she can hopefully shake them. There have been several hosts who have had to put up with stalkers.

Super Contributor

"Estimates of $150,000 salary a year plus Bonuses do not seem out of line for the profit she generated for the Q"

I'm sure she made way more than that--lots of people in this part of the country make 6 figures. I wouldn't be surprised if she will be doing some type of consulting and enjoying a less hectic schedule.

Super Contributor

Well, she is posting photos of toilet paper rolls and asking folks how it got to her dining room--and with over 500 replies I would say that folks are still very interested in her. I am not a big fan of those kinds of silly facebook posts but apparently it keeps a lot of folks entertained and continuing to follow Lisa. I keep hoping she'll move on to something more relevant and interesting in her facebook but it hasn't happened yet. Time for me to move on---I know--and I have.

Honored Contributor

On 1/10/2015 ValuSkr said:
On 1/9/2015 Heart of Spade said:

She's very, very busy racing go-carts.

LOL, turning into a caricature..

Because she was driving a go cart...? Really...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's odd that she's posted so many photos of her home and food. I wish her well, but there's not much there on her FB to intrigue me enough to want to stay tuned.
Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:

Lisa had been on the Q for two decades...I don't think it's odd for people to wonder about her next business move. I really enjoyed that she didn't share much about her personal life; she was a professional and kept the focus on the product.

I have been on her new page, and like some other posters, I too believe that she is cultivating a new public base for her next enterprise.

Her send-off--all 4 minutes of it-- on her last night of programming was miserable after 20 years of service. She gave herself the 'gold watch' as her last purchase on the Q that night. Up until the last minute, she presented without missing a beat, and then left quietly.

I'm not certain as to why people reach for ridicule when describing what she has been posting, taking pieces of it out of context. And she responds to her following's posts daily.

Lisa was an anomaly in the industry. She contracted for the Italian travel, better shows and an involvement in the designing of GiLI (no matter what you think of it).

I'm not an obsessive fan nor am I a detractor, but I do admire her business acumen.

Well said. She was a consummate professional up to the end. But what I'll miss most is her personality. She was genuine and fun. I didn't watch much but when I did, 9 out of 10 times it was LR. I'm sure she'll do fine, detractors or not.

Super Contributor

On 1/10/2015 srgtdj said:

Well, she is posting photos of toilet paper rolls and asking folks how it got to her dining room--and with over 500 replies I would say that folks are still very interested in her. I am not a big fan of those kinds of silly facebook posts but apparently it keeps a lot of folks entertained and continuing to follow Lisa. I keep hoping she'll move on to something more relevant and interesting in her facebook but it hasn't happened yet. Time for me to move on---I know--and I have.

ITA I have been following but there is just not any real substance there to the point of sometimes childish and ridiculous. My real friends and I do that occasionally but we know each others humor very well . I was expecting more from her as a public figure. She seems a little lost and in need of way too attention. IMHO

Frequent Contributor

Oh pppllleeeaaasssee!!!
Esteemed Contributor

LOL........