Honored Contributor

Re: Any News on What Lisa Robertson is up to?

On 1/9/2015 Chatypaty said:

If you go on Facebook you will find her .. she gives updates all the time .. makes me wonder if she is missing everyone.. she is giving exercise tips.. lunch dates.. birthday parties.. you name it she is doing it .. which I find surprising she is updating all the time .. its almost too much . I had her as a friend on facebook so I get her updates.. time to change that .. oh , she is on Pinterest too.. I do wish her well but it doesn't look like she is rushing to do something else other than enjoy not working

I think she is cultivating a fan base for her new job which she had probably already accepted before she gave her notice at QVC. I'm not interested in following her. I wish her well, but don't consider her a friend.

Also, I'm enjoying seeing more of a variety of hosts in the evenings.
Before, it was Lisa every night. Variety is nice as they all have their own style of presenting. Also, some could use the experience of kicking off a TSV, etc.

Super Contributor

On 1/9/2015 KathyPet said: She's been gone less than a month. Do you really think that she is already working somewhere else? She has her own FB page and while I have not looked at it I am sure she will post there when she has something to,say.
Of course she could be working somewhere else. What a nasty response. Very few people have the luxury of leaving a job and then lolling about while deciding what to do next. So to wonder about her next job is perfectly fine. She could very easily be working by now.
Frequent Contributor

I agree with Trailblazer05 and CalminTheHeart
Super Contributor

Lisa had been on the Q for two decades...I don't think it's odd for people to wonder about her next business move. I really enjoyed that she didn't share much about her personal life; she was a professional and kept the focus on the product.

I have been on her new page, and like some other posters, I too believe that she is cultivating a new public base for her next enterprise.

Her send-off--all 4 minutes of it-- on her last night of programming was miserable after 20 years of service. She gave herself the 'gold watch' as her last purchase on the Q that night. Up until the last minute, she presented without missing a beat, and then left quietly.

I'm not certain as to why people reach for ridicule when describing what she has been posting, taking pieces of it out of context. And she responds to her following's posts daily.

Lisa was an anomaly in the industry. She contracted for the Italian travel, better shows and an involvement in the designing of GiLI (no matter what you think of it).

I'm not an obsessive fan nor am I a detractor, but I do admire her business acumen.

Contributor

I cannot believe how rude people can be on these boards. The poster asked a very simple question so why do people need to be rude in their response. Regarding the person that asked if "do you really think she would be working after only a month", of course she could be. Many people leave one job and start another within a week or two. To those that are complaining about what Lisa is posting to her FB page, here's a thought - quit reading it or don't be her friend. You might not care about Lisa but many people do. Who are you to judge if someone wants to remain friends with her on FB and truly cares about her? Sad, sad lives you bitter people must lead. Gem Lover, she has not really said what she is doing now. It sounds like she spent time with family at Christmas (good for her as when she was hosting she could not take time off during the holidays). She has not said anything about what her next venture will be as of yet but I am sure she will announce on FB when she is ready. I enjoy reading her updates and if you are a fan then you should follow her on FB. Ignore the rude people here, many of us are Lisa fans and you have every right to pose a question since she did work here for over 20 years.

Super Contributor

On 1/9/2015 QMaven said:
On 1/9/2015 KathyPet said: She's been gone less than a month. Do you really think that she is already working somewhere else? She has her own FB page and while I have not looked at it I am sure she will post there when she has something to,say.
Of course she could be working somewhere else. What a nasty response. Very few people have the luxury of leaving a job and then lolling about while deciding what to do next. So to wonder about her next job is perfectly fine. She could very easily be working by now.

Exactly! She no doubt knew what she was going to do long before she left. She is probably taking a month or so of well deserved vacation and then will be working on her newest project.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

Maybe she is weeding out the ""stalkers"". Maybe she is keeping in contact because people wanted her to. Maybe she doesn't give a flip about just plain nosy peeps. It's her life and she is sharing what she wants to share ... just like every other person on facebook.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Mgraw Fan said:

I cannot believe how rude people can be on these boards. The poster asked a very simple question so why do people need to be rude in their response. Regarding the person that asked if "do you really think she would be working after only a month", of course she could be. Many people leave one job and start another within a week or two. To those that are complaining about what Lisa is posting to her FB page, here's a thought - quit reading it or don't be her friend. You might not care about Lisa but many people do. Who are you to judge if someone wants to remain friends with her on FB and truly cares about her? Sad, sad lives you bitter people must lead. Gem Lover, she has not really said what she is doing now. It sounds like she spent time with family at Christmas (good for her as when she was hosting she could not take time off during the holidays). She has not said anything about what her next venture will be as of yet but I am sure she will announce on FB when she is ready. I enjoy reading her updates and if you are a fan then you should follow her on FB. Ignore the rude people here, many of us are Lisa fans and you have every right to pose a question since she did work here for over 20 years.

great minds think alike, lol! we posted the same thought at the same time :=)

Highlighted
Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:

Lisa had been on the Q for two decades...I don't think it's odd for people to wonder about her next business move. I really enjoyed that she didn't share much about her personal life; she was a professional and kept the focus on the product.

I have been on her new page, and like some other posters, I too believe that she is cultivating a new public base for her next enterprise.

Her send-off--all 4 minutes of it-- on her last night of programming was miserable after 20 years of service. She gave herself the 'gold watch' as her last purchase on the Q that night. Up until the last minute, she presented without missing a beat, and then left quietly.

I'm not certain as to why people reach for ridicule when describing what she has been posting, taking pieces of it out of context. And she responds to her following's posts daily.

Lisa was an anomaly in the industry. She contracted for the Italian travel, better shows and an involvement in the designing of GiLI (no matter what you think of it).

I'm not an obsessive fan nor am I a detractor, but I do admire her business acumen.

Very well said AG.....you my dear are a class act!

Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Mgraw Fan said:
On 1/9/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:

Very well said AG.....you my dear are a class act!

ITA-great post Amazinggrace!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri