Respected Contributor

Re: Antonella's beautiful emerald ring

Don’t know about her ring but agree that she does wear some beautiful bracelets. I’m always checking out her bracelets when I see her!
Honored Contributor

Emeralds don't look good to me unless they are in the Million dollar mark.  Then you see outstanding emeralds.  Most of bread and butter emeralds you see (in the $1,500-#2,,000) look like dull green glass.  So much better looking are the Russian Tsavorites. Plus I hate how soft they are.  If you're going to wear emeralds, wear them as neck piece or earrings.  Forget it as ring or bracelet.  Those stone crack.  I really dislike how some (the Colombian) have emeralds with a sick yellow undertone.  So I much prefer the Brazilian ones that are bottle green.  But over all.  You really need a costly emerald to have a good looking stone.   You need one for any gem (gems are graded by color) but especially for an emerald.

Honored Contributor

Many years ago my sister and I went to the gem gallery at the Smithsonian in Washington.  There was a huge emerald featured, uncut boulder size.  I was surprised at the milkiness and inclusions. Right then and there I knew I would never own a perfectly clear emerald.

Honored Contributor

An inclusion-free emerald is extremely rare and most people will never see one, much less ever own one. The finest emeralds in the world come from Colombia, many which have a blueish green color and are known for their clarity.