Super Contributor

Re: Antonella's Jewelry Box Show

On 4/7/2014 rac71 said: I'm at work teaching class while the show is on. I checked the items aired for today's ep and was not impressed. I really don't want another all-bronze, all-the-time.

It wasn't all bronze. It was a decent assortment of gold, silver, Ultrafine ... I guess you should watch before you criticize.

Valued Contributor

On 4/8/2014 ennui1 said:
On 4/7/2014 rac71 said: I'm at work teaching class while the show is on. I checked the items aired for today's ep and was not impressed. I really don't want another all-bronze, all-the-time.

It wasn't all bronze. It was a decent assortment of gold, silver, Ultrafine ... I guess you should watch before you criticize.

I looked up the items aired. Most were bronze. A few silver, the other gold-plated over plastic or silver. None qualify as "fine jewelry." Fact. So, stating that 100 pennies equals a dollar would be criticizing which, the pennies or the dollar?
Super Contributor

They're back! Ant and Joel and Honora.

Honored Contributor

I love Antonella but was disappointed in what they showed. same old, same old, same old boring bronze, clad and silver. blech.

Super Contributor

Here we go ... jewelry with a message.

Honored Contributor

I hope her jewelry shows will begin to include some gold jewelry instead of just silver, bronze and the latest schtick.

Honored Contributor

QVC has some nice jewelry, it really is too bad that on the rare occasions that they actually televise jewelry anymore they most often stick with costume level stuff and low priced kitsch. Occasionally they break out the good stuff, but even then it's often mixed in with the stuff targeted to the lowest common denominator.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Today's show is the designer gallery preview.

The 'showroom selection' is Ripka -- the Ripkanistas are missing out.

Super Contributor

Nice show today. Today is silver, and it's two hours.

Opals, DMQ, some sets ...

Regular Contributor

On 3/23/2014 customer 5 said:

I like Antonella. I think she always has a friendly demeanor. I also appreciate how she measures everything and gives details on every piece. Especially the size of stones and showing the undergalleries of the rings. So many hosts don't even mention the size of stones and or bother to turn the ring over and around so you can see it from every angle.