Frequent Contributor

Antonella and the Creede TSV Rep

At first I thought they were just joking with each other when he said "your italian is not so good" but I think he hurt her feelings because it was king of frosty after that.  I think as a first time TSV rep, I think he was just kidding, keeping things light but I think he probably didn't realize he was going too far. I feel bad for both of them Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: Antonella and the Creede TSV Rep

@Tibard wrote:

At first I thought they were just joking with each other when he said "your italian is not so good" but I think he hurt her feelings because it was king of frosty after that.  I think as a first time TSV rep, I think he was just kidding, keeping things light but I think he probably didn't realize he was going too far. I feel bad for both of them Smiley Sad

was he Italian? Perhaps he was just being honest... her Italian is probably pretty bad compared to someone who lives in Italy.

Frequent Contributor

Yes he was italian. I get the feelng that he wasn't being mean intentionally, I think he just was trying to be light and funny.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Antonella grew up a few miles from me.  Her family speaks Italian in their home.  In fact, her parents migrated to the US while her mother was pregnant with her. I am sure that Antonella's speaks perfect Italian with no accent. She speaks perfect English  with no accent either. 

In Italy, the Italian language is different depending on what area of the country you are from.  There are many different dialects.

I didn't see the exchange between the Vender rep and Antonella, so I don't know if he was just kidding her or he was serious.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm Of Italian descent and  know and speak the language pretty well.   My grandparents were from Naples originally and of course spoke perfect Italan and I learned just from listening to them .  I beileve antonellas parents or maybe one if her parents are also from Italy so I'm guessing she knows italian pretty well in fact I've heard her speak it many times.  Either he was just kidding or being well not very nice.   I didn't hear it though.

Honored Contributor

Whatever it was, I think she's over it.  She's having fun now with Scott, the JAI rep.

Frequent Contributor

Carmie, yes Antonella tried to clarify that the language is different because he is from the north and her family is from the south but it was akward after his initial statement. You could actually hear him whisper "I'm sorry" during one of the lead-outs for another piece of jewelry. They both seem to be very nice people - I want them to have a do-over so things will work out better!!

Frequent Contributor

Valuskr, correct, the minute Scott came out, it was over - Antonella is a professional - I love her!

Trusted Contributor

Being Italian, I've heard Antonella on several occasions with several different reps, and she's a pro.

Having said that, it would have been worse if the rep insulted her spaghetti sauce. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I do think it was in jest, but she was indeed ticked off when the TSV rep pointed out her Italian was not up to snuff. Having the Jai OAP come out in between the TSV vendor’s pieces gave everyone a chance to get back on track. Things happen when it’s live TV.