Respected Contributor

Re: Antonella Stars in Gold Jewelry Sale

I have always loved Antonella.  She is so knowledgeable about jewelry.  Her personality really shines through and she makes any show fun!

Trusted Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

My best friend bought the v shaped Imperial Gold necklace she was showing on the show yesterday; I cannot wait to hear all about it.  It was 56.8 grams of gold which is almost 2 grams.  I was very tempted I must say! Woman LOL

Correcion- Meant to say 2 ounces of gold.

Honored Contributor

Her personal love of jewelry and excitement in presenting it makes her shows fun to watch...and believable. More importantly, she knows her “stuff”. 

Super Contributor

She's always been my favorite jewelry host. She does know her gold and other jewelry and she's always smiling, so upbeat and happy.

I didn't buy anything. When I see a 5 gm bracelet selling for hundreds I have to pass. I think about the days when they sold gold for $20 a gm and now it's $100 a gm, or more depending on how decortive it is.

Trusted Contributor

@Remar wrote:

She's always been my favorite jewelry host. She does know her gold and other jewelry and she's always smiling, so upbeat and happy.

I didn't buy anything. When I see a 5 gm bracelet selling for hundreds I have to pass. I think about the days when they sold gold for $20 a gm and now it's $100 a gm, or more depending on how decortive it is.

Her being from Italy should know more than the other hosts about Italian made jewelry.

Respected Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

@Remar wrote:

Her being from Italy should know more than the other hosts about Italian made jewelry.

@Remar 

I never knew she was from Italy.  Her strong Philadelphia accent would lead me to believe differently.

Honestly though, because someone is born in a country which manufacturers a lot of jewelry would not necessarily mean he/she would know more about that jewelry. The first 15-20 years of QVC, most show hosts knew a lot about jewelry. They were required to educate themselves about what they sold.  Now, it seems many fly by the seat of their pants.

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

@Remar wrote:

@crawford5153.  Antonella was born and raised in Pennsylvania.