Respected Contributor

Re: Another “mall saga” jewelry

@LTT1  I think the mall security officer couldn't wrap his head around the very important fact that your husband did not leave the kiosk with any jewelry, yet was charged for it anyway, as if he did leave with merchandise.  There is a very big difference between being charged for something without a signature that you consented to purchase and left the store with, and being charged for something without any signature for an item you left the store without.  Charging a customer for something not sold and not handed directly over to the customer prior to his or her leaving the store is as illegal as stealing the money straight from your husband's pocket and wallet without his knowledge or consent, which is essentially what happened. Outrageous behavior by an unethical vendor.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia
Thank you.
Yes, DH did report the incident to the AG.
What a sweet thing to do... paying for the young man’s gift to his mother! ❤️💜🧡💛
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born

Yes, that is what I think too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Another “mall saga” jewe

This is not "bait and switch".  Its much more serious than what a mall office or the BBB would handle.  Neither of these entities has any police power.  It's theft pure and simple.  You should immediately contact the consumer fraud division of your state attorney general's office.  Ask them if you should also contact your local police department.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

My DH spoke with a police officer (on duty at the mall) who said the store “didn’t do anything wrong.”

Well, visa’s International fraud division is pretty sharp. IDK if “someone is afraid to stand up to the owners of this business” or what the deal is. Heaven help us if that is the case.

Honored Contributor

They probably got an authorization code which sounds like since your husband signed nothing will drop off the account within 5 days. Hope this works out for you and I am very sorry you dealt with a disreputable seller.

Honored Contributor

We have similar kiosks in our local mall and the salespeople are very aggressive.  I give them my Darth Vader grandma stare if they come near me.   I notice they come & go regularly so they probably employ the same tactics. 

But the replacements are no better.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

They probably got an authorization code which sounds like since your husband signed nothing will drop off the account within 5 days. Hope this works out for you and I am very sorry you dealt with a disreputable seller.

DH mentioned an authorization code!

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1you have every right to be outraged.  It seems only fair that you make as much trouble for them as possible.  Do any of your local TV news stations have a consumer reporter?  How about your local paper?  It would serve them right if you let the whole town know what rip-off artists they are!

Esteemed Contributor

Seems like everyone is right. Complain to the mall office to the BBB and the state.  The more complaints the better.  Our one mall tossed out the kiosk sellers a few years back.  But in our case all they were doing was being aggressive in cosmetics.  I just walked away and ignored them.  As a matter of fact... one more reason to buy online and stay away from malls.