Super Contributor

Re: Another Pandora question..

On 1/22/2014 lboone said:
On 1/22/2014 customer 5 said:
Don't forget about Trollbeads. They are a different aesthetic than Pandora, and most of their beads won't fit on other brands bracelets but ALL brands beads will fit on a Trollbeads bracelet. The Trollbeads have a smaller core than other brands. If you like their glass, look for the ones called Universal. They have cores that fit on all other brands.

Some Troll collectors don't like the Universal core, they look at it as a sell out. I look at it as smart business. If a Pandora owner likes a Troll glass bead, but it won't fit on the Pandora bracelet, they lose a sale. I don't think a lot of people will buy a whole new "system" for one bead.

Too expensive for just one or a couple of beads. But I understand the Purist attitude towards the sell out.

I certainly understand it. I was a Trollbead purist for a LONG time. Then I found artisan glass beads on EtsYdoTcOm and the rest is/was history. I have WAY too many "European charm beads" now.

But I haven't really been pleased with the new Trollbeads. They are a little too "cute" for my taste. I think they are meant to appeal more to a broader base of folks, and look more like the Pandora than the older Trollbeads. While the folks at Trollbeads will tell you this isn't true, all I can say is what I see. And I don't blame them. Trollbeads was the first, but Pandora really took the concept and ran (so to speak.) You see Pandora in all types of stores, and there are many Pandora concept stores around. It is hard to find a Trollbeads store, at least in my area. Why wouldn't they try to expand their appeal? But the things that drew me to Trollbeads are now being pushed to the side.

However they did come out with their new system, X by Trollbeads, in Sept of last year. I gave it a while to get the initial kinks out, and ordered my first bracelet yesterday. I got some silver links and enough rubber to finish out a bracelet.

I also really like Rebeligion (which hasn't migrated to the US yet, but you can get it online. My favorite online retailer is Katzenmier's. Nadia has THE BEST customer service, she will go way beyond what I would normally expect to make sure you get the right size.) And Story by Kranz and Zeigler. They have a US presence, but are still bigger in Europe right now.

I like both of them because you don't see them everywhere. Yet.

Lisa you are right I have not seen a Trollbeads in my area the way I see Pandora. It is a shame when a company makes changes to suite a larger majority. I have not heard of Rebeligion or Kranz and Zeigler will look into those. So glad you are enjoying your variety of European Charm Beads.

Respected Contributor

On 1/22/2014 tobias said:
On 1/21/2014 kabella said:
On 1/20/2014 tobias said:
On 1/19/2014 kabella said:
On 1/19/2014 diamondsforme said:
On 1/19/2014 tobias said:

My hubby started a Pandora bracelet for me with romantic charms that have so much meaning & I have chose the other charms, it's turning out to be a gorgeous design as the charms are similar in size. I only need 4 charms & a few spacers to finish it off as I prefer it to be totally filled with charms. Do you Ladies like yours filled or not? On my wish list is the "Valentines Day" charm. I only want one Pandora bracelet tho but I know many ladies love to collect many of them.

after filling up two bracelets completely (i have 6) i'm realizing that i like them almost full but not entirely full.. i removed a couple of charms from the entirely filled ones and put them on another bracelet. i like to leave maybe 1/2" of space on either end of the bracelet so the charms move around a little. tobi

I have recently discovered that I also like mine ALMOST full, as opposed to completely full. I finally received my 2 free bracelets from the December promotion. The store was out of my preferred size. Once I got home with them I took all of my beads off of all bracelets and had a ball redesigning them. I have one that my DH started for me with all love charms on it and our initials, and three charms for our wonderful grandchildren. The 2nd bracelet is filled with all things I love/like, purse, giraffe, teddy bear, bible, cross, etc. I have one with all my Christmas charms on it. I did just put it away even though I miss it. And since it's mine I don't care if people think it's odd that I wear Christmas year round. Lol. Soooo it might be coming back out. When I picked up my two new ones I got a much longer one than normal to start my blue bracelet with. I wanted to wear it with my watch and I love the way it hangs on my hand and floats back and forth over my watch. They have some beautiful Valentine Day charms out. OMG. I loved them. They might just go on my red leather bracelet that has OSU on now, but football season is over. :-) I love them cause no one will have one just like mine. My daughter and her hubby have an offer in on their first house. I have already purchased the house charm and tucked it inside a welcome to your new home card. There is a charm that can work for any occasion. Hope everyone enjoys theirs as much as I do!

I'm impressed with your collection! What I mean by totally filled is to leave the ridged edges without charms. I have clear CZ's, Silver, 5 dangles charms & My color scheme is 3 deep rose cz stones, except a silver rose charm with a rose cz in the center.When I want to change up the color scheme, I'll changed out the rose with green stones then blue for a different look. I would have to look it up but the Valentines Day charm I want is a round silver charm with tiny rose cz stone hearts. I did get the bangle free when they had the special. I just have so many bracelets I love & wear, having one Pandora is enough for me. I prefer wearing it on it own or I will wear it with the bangle sometimes. I don't like stacking a Pandora, when finished for me, its more of a statement peice.
A friend of mine likes to mix it up with Murano glass.

kabella- the ridged part in the middle is where you are supposed to put clips..you don't put anything on the ridged part on the ends of the bracelet. if you don't buy clips charms will fit over the center ridges but those ridges are made for the clips. hope this helps

Maybe I didn't explain myself well. Yes I know the clips are put on each side of the middle section so the bracelet has 3 sections to fill. I am leaving enough space where you put the charms on the ends of the bracelet which are ridged. I intend to put one more clip charm on the end instead of buying safety clips which I don't care for because I don't like the hanging chain. I do have the middle sectioned filled & only need need 3 charms, one clip charm, possibly a spacer on 2 depending on the size of the charms. My charms are more symetrical except for the dangles which I have 5, one in the center section & 2 on each other sections. Yes I know you don't put charms on the ends but thanks for mentioning itSmiley Happy

ok yes a clip is good to keep the charms from falling off when you open the bracelet - i also like a clip at the other end near the lock so that the charms dont attach to that ribbed section. as i said, i personally like a little extra room so that the charms move around a little - that also keeps the bracelet more flexible than when its tightly filled. hope this helps?

You put a clip on the end? I use the safety chains, that way the bracelet does not fall off when you release the closure and you also won't have the chance of the charms falling off.

Super Contributor

On 1/23/2014 sparklestar said:
On 1/22/2014 tobias said:
On 1/21/2014 kabella said:
On 1/20/2014 tobias said:
On 1/19/2014 diamondsforme said:
On 1/19/2014 tobias said:

My hubby started a Pandora bracelet for me with romantic charms that have so much meaning & I have chose the other charms, it's turning out to be a gorgeous design as the charms are similar in size. I only need 4 charms & a few spacers to finish it off as I prefer it to be totally filled with charms. Do you Ladies like yours filled or not? On my wish list is the "Valentines Day" charm. I only want one Pandora bracelet tho but I know many ladies love to collect many of them.

after filling up two bracelets completely (i have 6) i'm realizing that i like them almost full but not entirely full.. i removed a couple of charms from the entirely filled ones and put them on another bracelet. i like to leave maybe 1/2" of space on either end of the bracelet so the charms move around a little. tobi

I have recently discovered that I also like mine ALMOST full, as opposed to completely full. I finally received my 2 free bracelets from the December promotion. The store was out of my preferred size. Once I got home with them I took all of my beads off of all bracelets and had a ball redesigning them. I have one that my DH started for me with all love charms on it and our initials, and three charms for our wonderful grandchildren. The 2nd bracelet is filled with all things I love/like, purse, giraffe, teddy bear, bible, cross, etc. I have one with all my Christmas charms on it. I did just put it away even though I miss it. And since it's mine I don't care if people think it's odd that I wear Christmas year round. Lol. Soooo it might be coming back out. When I picked up my two new ones I got a much longer one than normal to start my blue bracelet with. I wanted to wear it with my watch and I love the way it hangs on my hand and floats back and forth over my watch. They have some beautiful Valentine Day charms out. OMG. I loved them. They might just go on my red leather bracelet that has OSU on now, but football season is over. :-) I love them cause no one will have one just like mine. My daughter and her hubby have an offer in on their first house. I have already purchased the house charm and tucked it inside a welcome to your new home card. There is a charm that can work for any occasion. Hope everyone enjoys theirs as much as I do!

I'm impressed with your collection! What I mean by totally filled is to leave the ridged edges without charms. I have clear CZ's, Silver, 5 dangles charms & My color scheme is 3 deep rose cz stones, except a silver rose charm with a rose cz in the center.When I want to change up the color scheme, I'll changed out the rose with green stones then blue for a different look. I would have to look it up but the Valentines Day charm I want is a round silver charm with tiny rose cz stone hearts. I did get the bangle free when they had the special. I just have so many bracelets I love & wear, having one Pandora is enough for me. I prefer wearing it on it own or I will wear it with the bangle sometimes. I don't like stacking a Pandora, when finished for me, its more of a statement peice.
A friend of mine likes to mix it up with Murano glass.

kabella- the ridged part in the middle is where you are supposed to put clips..you don't put anything on the ridged part on the ends of the bracelet. if you don't buy clips charms will fit over the center ridges but those ridges are made for the clips. hope this helps

Maybe I didn't explain myself well. Yes I know the clips are put on each side of the middle section so the bracelet has 3 sections to fill. I am leaving enough space where you put the charms on the ends of the bracelet which are ridged. I intend to put one more clip charm on the end instead of buying safety clips which I don't care for because I don't like the hanging chain. I do have the middle sectioned filled & only need need 3 charms, one clip charm, possibly a spacer on 2 depending on the size of the charms. My charms are more symetrical except for the dangles which I have 5, one in the center section & 2 on each other sections. Yes I know you don't put charms on the ends but thanks for mentioning itSmiley Happy

ok yes a clip is good to keep the charms from falling off when you open the bracelet - i also like a clip at the other end near the lock so that the charms dont attach to that ribbed section. as i said, i personally like a little extra room so that the charms move around a little - that also keeps the bracelet more flexible than when its tightly filled. hope this helps?

You put a clip on the end? I use the safety chains, that way the bracelet does not fall off when you release the closure and you also won't have the chance of the charms falling off.

I actually just got my first safety chain in November because quite a few of the charms I have on one particular bracelet were bought in Europe by family members and I started to worry about the bracelet opening, falling off and losing all these precious charms (altho, I have never had a bracelet fall off) anyway, I originally bought the safety chain above (thought it was pretty) but exchanged it for the dreamer safety chain which has clips that open so I can easily move it from one bracelet to the other. very happy with this one. hopefully, they will come out with a different chain that opens and closes and i'll get another. (have 6 bracelets)

Super Contributor

I have this safety chain on one of my bracelets and have never had a problem. I also have a clip on the end of the charms just in case the safety chain unscrews the charms won't fall off. However I have never had a problem with any bracelet accidentally opening and falling off. I have 2 bracelets.

Valued Contributor

Calling all charm and bead collectors! I am trying to fill a Pandora bracelet in rose gold colors for beads which I am having a very hard time finding. I found one at a jewelry store that was called Champagne stones and it is a perfect match to my rose gold jewelry and morganite jewelry set in rose gold. I need more beads and would very much like to find some in this color in plain, jeweled or whatever. If anyone finds them or has seen them shades of rose golds, could you please let me know where to go.

Thanks, I appreciate your help!

Beckyblu

Super Contributor

On 1/25/2014 beckyblu said:

Calling all charm and bead collectors! I am trying to fill a Pandora bracelet in rose gold colors for beads which I am having a very hard time finding. I found one at a jewelry store that was called Champagne stones and it is a perfect match to my rose gold jewelry and morganite jewelry set in rose gold. I need more beads and would very much like to find some in this color in plain, jeweled or whatever. If anyone finds them or has seen them shades of rose golds, could you please let me know where to go.

Beckyblu

Maybe Ohm or Biagi would have some of that colored stones.

Super Contributor

haven't seen rose gold..pandora and chamilia only do the sterling and 14k yellow gold. i personally never got into rose gold but know many women love it. i just dont know that its popular enough to make the beads in that color.

Trusted Contributor

Beckyblu

I am not sure if you are looking for rose gold beads, or if you are looking for silver beads with champagne colored stones?

Pandora does sell some champagne cz charms. They have the Trinity Champagne Cz Spacer (Item # 790368CCZ), Tendril Clip With Champagne CZ (Item # 790380CCZ), Champagne Lights CZ Spacer (Item # 790226CCZ) and Champagne Blooming Rose Charm, (Item # 790575CCZ).

I like the description of the bloom rose on the pandora moa website:

"The Champagne Blooming Rose charm with oxidized detailed petals will add sparkle to your collection. This charm looks great paired with zirconia charms or spacers to draw out the hint of color."

The champagne lights cz spacer has a lot of the pretty champagne color.

I especially like the tendril clip. I have never seen it in champagne in person, but I have two of those clips, one with pink and one with blue stones.

I have enjoyed reading through everyone's comments here!

Tobias, how much fun you must have had rearranging your beads on your bracelets!

The last purchase we made, we were on vacation and visiting a jewelry store there for the first time. The lady asked me to remove my bracelet, and as we were considering new beads, she was giving some very good advice! As I was considering different beads, she was suggesting how I could rearrange my bracelet. I took her advice, and we rearragned my beads, adding my new purchases before I left the store. That way I could see how it would look and it helped me make my final decision. At first I was not sure if I wanted to change my "center" bead. I had my rose enamel heart as the center bead since I purchased the bracelet!

But, I decided to take her advice and I moved my "bear my heart" to the center position, and had a round shape in either side. A few more changes, and after wearing it for the rest of the day I decided I loved the new arrangement.

So much fun!

Valued Contributor

Does prerogative beads fit on Pandora bracelets. THey have some pretty ones. I am wondering if these beads and the Judith ripka beads were larger in size or about the same size as the Pandora.

Beckyblu

Super Contributor

On 1/26/2014 oceantown said:

Beckyblu

I am not sure if you are looking for rose gold beads, or if you are looking for silver beads with champagne colored stones?

Pandora does sell some champagne cz charms. They have the Trinity Champagne Cz Spacer (Item # 790368CCZ), Tendril Clip With Champagne CZ (Item # 790380CCZ), Champagne Lights CZ Spacer (Item # 790226CCZ) and Champagne Blooming Rose Charm, (Item # 790575CCZ).

I like the description of the bloom rose on the pandora moa website:

"The Champagne Blooming Rose charm with oxidized detailed petals will add sparkle to your collection. This charm looks great paired with zirconia charms or spacers to draw out the hint of color."

The champagne lights cz spacer has a lot of the pretty champagne color.

I especially like the tendril clip. I have never seen it in champagne in person, but I have two of those clips, one with pink and one with blue stones.

I have enjoyed reading through everyone's comments here!

Tobias, how much fun you must have had rearranging your beads on your bracelets!

The last purchase we made, we were on vacation and visiting a jewelry store there for the first time. The lady asked me to remove my bracelet, and as we were considering new beads, she was giving some very good advice! As I was considering different beads, she was suggesting how I could rearrange my bracelet. I took her advice, and we rearragned my beads, adding my new purchases before I left the store. That way I could see how it would look and it helped me make my final decision. At first I was not sure if I wanted to change my "center" bead. I had my rose enamel heart as the center bead since I purchased the bracelet!

But, I decided to take her advice and I moved my "bear my heart" to the center position, and had a round shape in either side. A few more changes, and after wearing it for the rest of the day I decided I loved the new arrangement.

So much fun!

hi oceantown- i always love reading about your bead purchases..i have done that often-changed the center bead of my bracelets- as you add new charms sometimes you realize that a different configuration of the beads will work better...i'm looking forward to getting my pandora clasp necklace in the next few weeks-i'm getting the one that matches the braclet and will wear it with one glass bead to start.. but then who knows! sooo many possibilities! ( i also have the bear my heart charm which my son gave me for mothers day - love it)