I loved Ann King's jewelry when she was on.  What happend to her or why did QVC stop selling her beautiful high quality sterling silver jewelry?

Respected Contributor

Ann King did have beautiful jewelry. I still own and enjoy some of her designs.  Possibly she could not deliver the designs she wanted within QVC's price point.  I do think she sold well.  She is also the wife and partner of Steven Lagos, the high end jewelry designer that is featured in high end stores. It is possible that her demands for that business interferred.

Respected Contributor

Ann King's jewelry was a steal at QVC prices.  I have a few pieces from Lagos and think her QVC jewelry is just as nice.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ann King Jewelry

[ Edited ]

@anne0217 Anne King was part of the jewelry Renaissance at QVC....Tacori, Hildago, Anne King, Barry Cord, Echo of the Dreamer, Verragio, etc.  Exceptional designs at reasonable prices.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, that is a blast from the past!  I totally forgot about her.  I do have a couple of her pieces and yes they are beautiful.  Would be nice if they brought her back, though the prices won't be like they were back in the day.

Honored Contributor

@anne0217 wrote:

I loved Ann King's jewelry when she was on.  What happend to her or why did QVC stop selling her beautiful high quality sterling silver jewelry?

@anne0217  Ann King is still making beautiful jewelry pieces...bigger, better and gold. Check her out on FB.

Honored Contributor

I'm an artisan jewelry fan and the stuff they offer now is not as high quality as the stuff Suarti used to bring to the Q. If I can't get the artisan jewelry on clearance now, I usually pass on it.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I'm an artisan jewelry fan and the stuff they offer now is not as high quality as the stuff Suarti used to bring to the Q. If I can't get the artisan jewelry on clearance now, I usually pass on it.

@blackhole99  I agree. Artisans used to pass their skills from generations on down. It’s now a dying art & much is machine made and put together in shabby fashion by under age workers w/ little or no experience.  

Honored Contributor

@ShanusReally! Do you think that's the case with the JAI line?

Honored Contributor

My all time favorite piece was her Marguerite cuff bangle.  At its height of popularity I purchased a few for graduation gifts.  The girls all loved them and was recently told by 1 of them, this bracelet is still her signature piece.

I also still wear her Crosses of the World charm bracelet.