Respected Contributor

An Interesting Video About The Royal Family's Jewels

If you're interested in the jewelry of the Royal Family, I watched an interesting video on You Tube called:  A Look At The Royal Family's Treasures|Royal Jewels|Real Royalty

It's on a You Tube channel called Real Royalty.  I won't post the link here, because it would probably get removed, but it should be easy to find.  It's about 50 minutes long. Some really stunning gems.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: An Interesting Video About The Royal Family's Jewels

An interesting fact: many of the various collections of " royal gems " are in fact reproductions.  As far as I know, the British  Crown jewels and the Istanbul jewels are genuine, many others are not.

Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 Thanks for sharing that very interesting video.  Princess Diana was stunning in her diamonds and pearls, and seeing all of those images of years past was fun. Queen Elizabeth was a beautiful young woman in her day.  

Honored Contributor

I've got the DVD on the crown jewels. Not all are the Queen's. Most of it belongs to England kept at the Tower. The crowns, sceptre, all that regalia  stuff.

Lot of the stuff Queen Mary 'bought' from the Russian families when they fled the country. I also got a big coffee table book showing all the pictures.

Queen Mary is responsible for acquiring and adding to the collection.

She liked to put on the dog LOL and back then they knew how to present themselves. Now, they wear pearls all the time, brooches. Guess they bring out the million dollar stuff when they are entertaining foreign dignitaries, big fancy parties, etc.

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

An interesting fact: many of the various collections of " royal gems " are in fact reproductions.  As far as I know, the British  Crown jewels and the Istanbul jewels are genuine, many others are not.

British Royal jewels that are displayed at Tower museum are in fact copies. They were replaces during WW2 to keep them from Nazis, in case of invasion.

BTW most famous paintings around the worlds museums are copies ( heist protection).