Regular Contributor

Re: Amy's ""engagement"" ring - out of stock?

My ring arrived today and it is GORGEOUS! I think it's a real showstopper. So glad I finally got it! Thanks to all for your help!!!!

Ophelia

ETA: I just noticed that it's completely sold out again. A friend of mine wanted one so I'm hoping it comes back in stock for her.

Respected Contributor

It's amazing how much business and customer service that the QVC customers/forum members provide one another.

I'm thinking we deserve a company discount! QVC...are you listening?

Respected Contributor

New Contributor

I've had the ring for about 2 months. I was on the fence about returning it, but it was one of the few rings available in a size 4 so I ultimately kept it. I like the contrast of the black stones against the clear, but I will honestly tell you that the center Diamonique stone in mine looks very glassy. There is absolutely no doubt, whatsoever, that the Diamonique in mine is fake, and it is so glassy that it wouldn't fool anyone and pass for a genuine diamond. I've noticed that it looks better in outdoor lighting/sunlight than it does indoors under artificial lights where the color spectrum projected from the sparkle is just way off and too exaggerated (as is the case with poorly made CZ). When I purchased it, I knew it wouldn't look exactly like a diamond, but with all the positive product reviews from purchasers, I didn't expect it to be that glassy. I'm most disappointed that the overall quality of QVC's Diamonique has really declined over the years. I have a few pieces from many years ago when Diamonique was at it's peak (anyone remember host Kathy Levine?), and those items look so similar to real diamonds. Lately, all of the Diamonique items I've ordered from QVC (regardless of stone size or shape) have been a much lower quality, and I've sent them back. Truly disappointing because this ring had the potential to be a superstar, and I was looking forward to wearing it much more frequently than I actually will. I should've returned it, but I really like the vintage, almost art deco style of the ring and the contrast of the stone colors.