Trusted Contributor

American West is Sold at Macy's???

I was on their site and quite surprised to see that.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: American West is Sold at Macy's???

Just checked it out on Macy's website; no deals there, that's for sure!

Honored Contributor

I know at one time Dillards had some of her jewelry and she mentioned it being in the gift shop of some hotel.  I think the company is possibly not doing well and needs to sell wherever thry can.  They had a lovely store in a high rent shopping center in Albuquerque.  Closed it and moved to an almost defunct old discount mall in Santa Fe.  That closed not long after they moved in.  I have not heard of any other store in the area.  The popularity of Southwestern jewelry ebbs and flows.  Right now it's ebbing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I like to look for older designs at Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I agree with you.  Seems her jewelry is slowing down or maybe its jewelry in general.  I have a lot of her stuff that I bought years ago and would love to sell some of it but don't think it would sell well because I think a lot of people just aren't buying jewelry anymore or like me, they have too much of it.  I just don't wear it anymore.

Honored Contributor

Add me to the list of those who think that in general, people are buying less jewelry now than they used to.  Some are like me -  older with overflowing jewelry cases and some are younger and spending their money on other things -  college loans, travel and tech are their new jewelry.

Respected Contributor

I just saw it on Macy's website too - I had no idea.

Respected Contributor

I think jewelry sales are down in general, especially Native American.  QVC doesn't have a lot of jewelry shows anymore as compared to several years ago. 

Super Contributor

I'm in the same boat with millieshops. I can't wear all the jewelry I own, and most of it is fine jewelry, not fashion. However, people these days want cheap stuff and don't want to pay for expensive items. The designers are catering to the 1%ers and the rest of their stuff has their name but is poor quality. I guess they are trying to survive in this crazy world.

tea

Super Contributor

Silver jewelry makers didn't do themselves any favors when they raised prices so much a few years ago. Silver prices went up, but their price increases were way out of scale with the increase ... and jewelry prices didn't come down when silver prices came down.

And, as we boomers retire, the need for jewelry goes way down. I'm lucky if I put on earrings when I go out these days.