Esteemed Contributor

American West cuffs -- sizing question

[ Edited ]

Do these run small as a rule? I just bought the celestial cuff and although it's beautiful, it 's almost painful to put on.  I don't want to fiddle with it and risk mangling the integrity of the metalwork or t he gemstones, but I ordered a large and there's nowhere to go up in size.

Honored Contributor

Re: American West cuffs -- sizing question

I always like my cuffs to run small as one that is loose drives me nuts.  I don't want them rolling around.  I'll put it on then squeeze slightly to make it snug.  A bangle should move, a cuff shouldn't.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 - I have a 6-1/4" wrist and I wear a small. Like @Kachina624, I don't like them to go up and down my arm. I want to wear them close to my wrist with a snug, but not tight, fit. I think they're mostly true to size from my experience. 

Your cuff is just beautiful! I hope the size does work out for you. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 @beach-mom 

I know how a cuff should fit, having worn them for decades. My question went to size. In my view, the opening should accommodate putting it on without pain.  I may have received an average instead and would like to exchange it if others felt the line ran true to size, as @beach-mom (thank you) reports.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two AW cuffs.  I don't find them to run small, but I have a small wrist, and I wear a small.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Sammycat1 - I also wear a size large in AW and CP cuffs and have found that they often run small, especially when they have a wide, straight band style like that celestial cuff. The cuffs with curves and tapered sides seem to fit much more comfortably. Good luck with your decision!

Valued Contributor

i have them . i find them good. 

Honored Contributor

Hi @Sammycat1 - @loriqvc gave you your answer since she's in the same situation. One thing I've done in the past is call Relios directly and ask about sizing, and if it's safe to adjust the particular cuff I'm interested in. I've talked to Alex, and he's always been more than helpful  You might want to think about that. Of course you can always try an exchange too to see if the fit is a little looser. Good luck! Smiley Happy