Regular Contributor

Re: American West Show - January 3, 2015

On 1/4/2015 Kachina624 said:
On 1/4/2015 TUBOLARD said:

I cannot watch her, she does some weird stuff with her tongue and thin lips Kind of like a lizard that sticks his tongue out to lick his eyes.

Who in the world are you talking about? I don't think I've seen this person.
Kachina, she/he is poking at Carolyn, I believe. Some people just have to be negative.
Honored Contributor

Weeg, do you have a picture of your pieces? I've also collected quite a bit of Alex Sanchez's work too. I love the petroglyphs and the way he combines them with the turquoise. They are really unique. I only live 5 or 6 miles from Petroglyph National Monument where there are thousands of them.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I follow Albert Jake too - so far haven't bought anything but love his work - Congrats ladies - do love the real SW look when I can afford and find a fabulous piece. Maybe one of these days- have sold a lot of jewelry on Ebay in the past 6 months so now can afford to find something spectacular - but my goal is to reduce my inventory so am trying hard not to give in!! I did buy 2 pieces off CP's website with the 50% sale - the Vineyard ring which I have always wanted - have the necklace and bracelet and love the colors and they go with so much - never wanted the enhancer though - didn't like it for some reason - but have many others in the colors - also bought the Coronation mop cross - what a deal at 50% off - mostly buy SW but I do love the Coronation collection - it is the one I am keeping.

So nice to be back on the boards - taking a short break from selling so have more time - really love sharing our love of SW -Kachina and Weeg - thanks so much for your wonderful contributions. Weeg - I ""like"" you constantly on FB - your pictures are great and you are so photogenic!!-

Regular Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Kachina624 said: Weeg, do you have a picture of your pieces? I've also collected quite a bit of Alex Sanchez's work too. I love the petroglyphs and the way he combines them with the turquoise. They are really unique. I only live 5 or 6 miles from Petroglyph National Monument where there are thousands of them.
Kachina...I am so jealous!!!! Got to Moab, UT and loved seeing petroglyphs there. Yes, I do have pictures, but not comfortable posting here. Are you on Facebook?
Regular Contributor

On 1/5/2015 cooking lady said:

I follow Albert Jake too - so far haven't bought anything but love his work - Congrats ladies - do love the real SW look when I can afford and find a fabulous piece. Maybe one of these days- have sold a lot of jewelry on Ebay in the past 6 months so now can afford to find something spectacular - but my goal is to reduce my inventory so am trying hard not to give in!! I did buy 2 pieces off CP's website with the 50% sale - the Vineyard ring which I have always wanted - have the necklace and bracelet and love the colors and they go with so much - never wanted the enhancer though - didn't like it for some reason - but have many others in the colors - also bought the Coronation mop cross - what a deal at 50% off - mostly buy SW but I do love the Coronation collection - it is the one I am keeping.

So nice to be back on the boards - taking a short break from selling so have more time - really love sharing our love of SW -Kachina and Weeg - thanks so much for your wonderful contributions. Weeg - I "like" you constantly on FB - your pictures are great and you are so photogenic!!-

CL....you are so sweet, thanks! Love to take pictures, fo sure! Glad to have you on forum and Facebook....feel blessed!
Honored Contributor

Weeg, Moab is one of my favorite places on earth. My parents loved it so we went often in their motor home. Have you been to Dead Horse Point State Park? Spectacular! You can see a lot of petroglyphs at Newspaper Rock. One time we chased down petroglyphs from a map and I found one that looked exactly like Santa in his sleigh. I wish I'd taken a picture...it would have made a cute Christmas card. That whole SE part of Utah is highly underrated; I think it's heavily marketed overseas. Once when we were there, everyone was speaking German.

I do have a Facebook account but I'm not very active on it. How can I find you?

CL, I'm so glad you're back! I've missed you. I wonder what happened to Haca as she seems to have disappeared? I think it's much smarter to save your money and buy good-quality hand-made items that will appreciate in value. The Albert Jake ring is not as heavy as some I've gotten from Sheila. I like that's it's adjustable because my fingers swell and shrink so much I can wear 3 sizes on the same finger.

Super Contributor

Yes Kachina - I also love Alex Sanchez and his ""Petroglyphics"" - believe he is related to Myron Panteah who also is known for his ""P"" work - we sure are sisters under the skin aren't we? Love the same things for sure!! and thanks - I've missed you too although I have noted there are a lot of newcomers to this site - haven't heard from Haca lately either - miss her too - maybe she just got really busy like me - it's nice spending time together again though.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Kachina624 said: Weeg, do you have a picture of your pieces? I've also collected quite a bit of Alex Sanchez's work too. I love the petroglyphs and the way he combines them with the turquoise. They are really unique. I only live 5 or 6 miles from Petroglyph National Monument where there are thousands of them.
What have you added of Alex Sanchez since your first pendant? I have 3 of his pendants and a ring. I'm going to have him make me a Nana later this year.
Honored Contributor

Patbz, I've gotten two pairs of earrings and a band ring with red coral. I've seen a ring I really like which will probably be my next purchase. Do you have any pictures of your loot? Didn't you have a pendant made-to-order? I'd love to have a bracelet but the ones I like are usually around $1,000.
Esteemed Contributor

My first made to order piece will be the Baja (Alex said $250). I'm in CA until Thursday but after that I'll try to post pics. I can also post AS contact info if you want.