Honored Contributor

Am I the only person turned off by electroform?

Some beautiful new silver items I was going to purchase but.... then I saw electroform. 

Deleate from cart.

I would pay for solid or all silver (hollow) but dipped wax? Nope.

Ah well.

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I the only person turned off by electroform?

love the look of the simon sebbag pieces, but i dont care for electroform jewelry, so i am passing. was looking at the ring and was interested initially.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

No, you are not alone!!  I was thinking the same thing.  A total turnoff for me same as the bronze jewelry.  I would much rather pay for the real thing.

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand what electrform silver is exactly. 

But it is sure nice to see something new on QVC.

Respected Contributor

I thought the new jewelry line was great!  I didn't purchase anything but might at some point.  I especially loved the funky heart pendant on the silk cord.  I really enjoyed the show and hope they bring in more items.  I loved it.  Electroform jewelry has been around for a very long time.  I have a few pieces and they do hold up beautifully.  I love solid but I am not opposed to buying a few pieces of electroform especially earrings and chunky pendants.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the new method of leaving the wax in. I'm guessing the silver has to be a very thin layer. 

I have an 18k gold electroform necklace I purchased here with QVC many years ago. This process where the wax is removed but the piece is still sturdy. The bail is a solid enhancer. 

IMG_1482.JPG

Respected Contributor

I thought it was interesting that the tablet ring looks exactly like RLM's.  I have one and there is no difference from what I could see. 

Honored Contributor

I've gotten some electroform pieces from Or Paz which are large, weighty, and really spectacular.  Since I love large pieces,  which are usually quite expensive, I'm a big fan of the electroform technique.  I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.   Definitely not turned off by it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Double-D wrote:

No, you are not alone!!  I was thinking the same thing.  A total turnoff for me same as the bronze jewelry.  I would much rather pay for the real thing.

@doubled  What do you mean "the real thing"?  Do you even know what electroform is?  It's sterling silver just like any other silver jewelry. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Back in the day, I loved RLM's jewelry for his solid sterling designs. Today? Won't touch it. Wouldn't touch the electroform stuff either. Saddened to hear a piece may be copied from RLM's luscious designs. His artwork was stunning! Haven't even looked in recent years due to the bronze nonsense and cheapened quality. I'll gladly buy elsewhere and get the real deal.

Kachina624 ~ Yes, we do know "real deal" is SOLID sterling silver; not a wax filled piece of junk covered with a thin layer of silver! Perhaps you don't have a clue what we are talking about? Electroform is not like any other sterling silver. SMH 

Money screams; wealth whispers.