Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

LOL!

Sometimes I have to keep saying it over in my head to finally figure out some of their lingo and abbreviations!

SMH took me forever to get!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

There's a difference between an occasional typo or auto correct, that any of us are capable of unintentionally making, and a blanket indifference, and dare I say disrespect to fellow posters by not even attempting to write complete words in a complete sentence.  I no longer try to mull over what I think someone may be trying to say. 

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Sometimes you read a post and you think this person is using English as a second language.  Well, it's the spell correct or whatever you want to call it.  I just wrote the word like and it came out link.  So all those typos you see in my posts are not me.  Of course we all could do a better job of proof-reading.  

I proofread more than once.

But I swear that just before I hit the 'post' button, the words change by themselves!👿😂

@geezerette 

LOL!  I agree!

My kids keep telling me to stop fussing over typos....'their' generation does not obsess over correcting.

People KNOW what you mean and it is an 'old' thing to keep proofreading.

I do it anyways...LOL

@RespectLife  Wonder what today's kids would say about this.  In high school, the nuns were still giving us spelling tests in our senior year.  And points were taken from our test scores if we didn't follow directions, e.g. marking answers with an "x" when the directions said to mark your answers with a checkmark.  

Honored Contributor

We spent hours learning cursive.  Remember those cards placed at the top of the blackboards with the alphabet in capital and small letters?  What about all the time spent learning basic math, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing?  Now you just hit a key to make a letter and use a calculator for math.  Today's kids can probably cut their elementary school hours in half and cover the rest of the ciriculum.  

Respected Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

There's a difference between an occasional typo or auto correct, that any of us are capable of unintentionally making, and a blanket indifference, and dare I say disrespect to fellow posters by not even attempting to write complete words in a complete sentence.  I no longer try to mull over what I think someone may be trying to say. 

I wouldn't fret about it although some typos do make me laugh.