Honored Contributor

How does it happen that Louis has been discontinued in his fashion line, yet there is a complete jewelry selection under his name.  Linea, I mean. Is this another case of QVC owning the trademark or was there a very late shipment that is being sold after his exit?

Respected Contributor

@depglass Louis owns the trademark for Linea as well as Louis Dell Olio.  All the designs belong to him.  QVC approached him to do a separate higher end jewelry line after not renewing his Linea line.  It is a separate contract, hence using his name only and not Linea.  He has done some jewelry pieces for Jill Bauer as well under her just

jill dot com.

Honored Contributor

Qvc has a bunch of it in the warehouse so they are just keeping it in inventory until it gradually sells out.  Its also possible that Qvc bought the stuff from Louis when they discontinued his line.  

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree That's not correct as Louis owns his jewelry & his designs.  .  

Respected Contributor

I think QVC made a huge mistake discontinuing his clothing line.

Honored Contributor

I think they did too.  I remember Louis talking about having to meet certain retail price points.  Well, new lines like Belle have broken those ceilings.  Louis's line could easily sell at the new prices.  

Respected Contributor

Louis Dell Olio was the best clothing designer on QVC for 20 years.  I don't think he wants to work full time anymore since Jac passed away.  I am now glad I purchased a lot of his clothing.